Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday, November 11, 2011 NICARAGUA

Another great day. I love Fridays. Almost every Friday, I have a break from morning Spanish classes. I got up early (since Manuel spent the night and he gets up with the roosters) and had cereal and jumped on the computer since I had the iternet cable. I was downloading some instructions for making jewelry when the Hulsey’s got here, so I gave the cable to Mike to use.

Mike took Mary and I to the little second hand store that I stop at on my home to and from Spanish class. She liked it much better than the stores that we went to downtown yesterday. We both found tons of bargains. By the time we finished shopping, the Husley’s were coming back to the Mission House, so they picked us up.

I worked on some notes for the Women’s Bible study at ROSCC church and then we had lunch. Then I worked a little more on the notes and sorted out clothes for Coco. She is going to be so happy when she sees what all we have for her. I also sorted out the clothes that I bought for me that needed altering.

I laid down for about a half hour and then got my shower and dressed for the Bible Study. Jorge took us today and Oscar joined us to video class.

We arrived a little early (which is unusual for us, unfortunately) and they were putting ceramic tiles on the stage and front part of the church. They had also put blocks up to the ceiling in that area. The rest of the church still has walls up about ¾ of the way and is open at the top for air circulation. The tiles look very nice. The workers kept going and it was rather noisy, but you get used to just keeping on with what you are doing. On the other side of the church, a man was using a chain saw to cut up some huge tree trunks that they use for firewood for the feeding of children during the week. Noise everywhere, but God made it possible for us to hear each other.

Before the class started, Oscar videoed some interviews with the leaders of the Women’s Ministry. It was fun talking with them. Leslie translated for me and for them, so that anyone watching the video could understand in their own language. It was fun. The ladies also were very good about answering questions today, too. I think I should bring Oscar and his camera more often! I love the ladies at that church and I’m so excited for their hearts to reach their neighborhoods.

I got back to the Mission House about 5:45pm and Mary was reading under the rancho. We fixed some leftovers for dinner and went to our rooms about 6pm. We are renting the place to a Christian group for the weekend, so Mary and I will spend the evenings in our rooms and we are going to Managua all day tomorrow and church on Sunday morning. It won’t be inconvenient at all.

I spent a lot of time in my room tonight sewing and at the same time, watching the Disney movie, Tangled, on my computer in Spanish. Then when I was doing some hemming, I watched 2 episodes of Army Wives (season 3) which Sherry loaned me. It was different and fun. I usually only have Spanish praise music playing in the evenings. I like having something to look at.

I cleaned out my little backpack that I carry around and got it ready for tomorrow’s trip to the Oriental Market in Managua. I put a large cloth bag in it to carry some of my purchases. I have no idea what we will find, but I’m ready!!

I have my sewing and mending and hemming and altering all caught up as of tonight. The next thing on my sewing agenda is to make more Bible bags for the ladies at Las Quimeras church and to start making about 100 small drawstring bags for the Women’s Conference at ROSCC church which will be a week from Monday. In a few weeks, I’ll start making the 40+ Bible bags for the ladies of ROSCC church. Whew!

I also need to start making some samples of knotted projects like bracelets, keychains and bookmarks, so that I can teach some of the ladies how to make them. We will be starting the sewing classes next Tuesday with about 7 women from Las Quimeras. We’re getting busier and busier, but it’s all wonderful work and God is allowing me to do the things I love. In other words, He’s putting into place His plan for me to do the things that He has made me love to do. Funny how your perspective on that changes when you remember that He is control, huh?

Well, better go to bed for now. Big day tomorrow.
I’m just so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment