Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday, Nov 5, 2011 NICARAGUA

Woke up early and headed off to Pacheco’s school to visit with the Saturday English class. Got there about 9am and stayed until 10:30. It was a wonderful class full of very dedicated students. It still amazes me that these kids can speak such good English in so short of a time. They are very hungry to learn the language, since it will help them get better jobs someday. If only others were as dedicated to learning as they are. We had a fun time. I shared my testimony with them and we talked about a lot of things. It was great. Later in the day, I saw one of the girls in the shopping area. I noticed someone looking at me and smiling. Then I realized it was she. How fun to run into her!

Jeremy called me during the class and I had to call him back. We ended up getting together at the Mission House for about an hour. Kelly had made some rice pudding for me and Mary and Sherry. I got to practice my improving Spanish skills on them and they were very pleased. I still have a long way to go, but I was encouraged by their comments on my progress. I love those two kids very much.

After they left, I grabbed a quick shower and got ready for Sherry, Mary and I to go to lunch to celebrate Sherry’s birthday. We ate at Al Carbón. It was very good. Then we walked around and did a little bit of shopping. Mostly looking. I picked up a few things at the sewing notions store and some groceries at La Unión and then we headed back to the house. I was thinking of spending some time alone just looking around, but was getting a sinus headache, so I opted to come back and rest.

The Hulsey’s went home and got cleaned up and then Mike dropped Manuel off to spend the night here with Mary and I. While waiting of them to get here, I started cutting out some of the pattern paper pieces for some projects. I don’t like that part of the process, but I put on some Spanish praise music and got busy cutting them out.

Manuel got here and ate his dinner. Mary and I listened to him preach and then he used his new little computer to send us pretend emails. We popped some popcorn and were ready to watch a movie, but Manuel decided he wanted to play instead. Finally, Mary talked him into watching a little bit of a movie and then they went to bed. I came to my room to do some research on the computer for some patterns to make friendship bracelets. That is one thing that gets bought a lot when teams come down. We are wanting to have some of the people in the areas we are ministering to, learn to make things to sell to the teams. It will take a while to get everything going, but it will be a big difference in the lives of these people if they can help to support their families by making handcrafts. The teams are always wanting to buy souvenirs, so we think this might be a good way to help support the families.

I finally received some money that I had wired down here, so I called Juan to tell him that I could pay him for my Spanish classes. Since it takes about a week between the check from the church being cut to me actually getting the money (my bank to VOH bank to wiring the money here), I went ahead and paid him for next month, too. He was quite happy!

There is so much I want to get accomplished in the next week or two, and the rest of my stay, actually. I need to confer with my Boss upstairs and see what He has planned for my agenda. I’m loving everything that I get to do and there just isn’t enough time to do it all.

Mary will start coming to the Women’s Bible studies and using part of the time to teach the ladies how to share their testimony. This will be a great addition to our time with the ladies.

We are planning on a trip to Managua on Thursday, so I’ll need to reschedule that day’s Spanish class. I think we are going back to Managua or Masaya the next week, too. I might just have to have 3 days of class those 2 weeks. Or maybe we can add an extra hour on 2 of the days to make up the time. I’m fine with either one.

The team will be here on the 19th. It won’t be long. It will be fun to have them here and see how they like the new place. I’m ready to get some high-impact ministry done, too, along with our on-going feedings and Bible studies.

Tomorrow I will get some laundry done, sew a few projects and do some Bible study of my own, as well as prepared for this coming week’s lesson. All good stuff!!

Time for bed now. I’m so thankful to have the internet cord tonight to do this time-consuming-but fun research on things for us to make. What an awesome job I have!

And what an even more wonderful God I serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment