Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Almost 10pm and I’m comfortably relaxing in my room. The team from Eastside Baptist Church, Paragould AR, left this morning. We worked a little cleaning around the house. I did some Bible study and then I grabbed a nap and put laundry away, ate left overs for lunch and dinner, then showered, got on the computer and then watched a few episodes of Army Wives on the computer.

I’m very relaxed and comfy and ready to go to sleep.

It has been a really good week. We start back to the regular routine next week. I’ll be in Spanish class Mon-Thurs, teach sewing on Tues afternoon, teach Bible study on Wed and Fri afternoons and help with the English class on Thurs afternoon.

Time is going to really fly by these last 5 weeks.

Buster the dog is having to get used to just Me and Mary and Alberto being here at night. No team for him to play with. Maybe he’ll catch up on his napping, too.

We are taking it easy tomorrow since we’ve been so busy this week. We’ve been to so many church services this week, that Mike said we could take the morning off. I’ll spend a few hours on Bible study and will enjoy my time with the Lord.

I also need to be studying on Spanish to prepare for class on Monday.

I have decided that I will work on sewing the Bible bags for the ladies at ROSCC church over the next few weeks and give them to the ladies right before Christmas. I am going to pace myself a little bit on the workload.

I need to get projects lined out for the Sewing class ladies to work on while I’m gone during Jan and half of Feb.

It really does feel like I’m preparing for ‘vacation’ in the states and returning ‘home’ to Nica in a couple of months. I like that feeling.

I’m waiting to find out what my support will look like from FBC Rogers, so that I can put together my newsletter and support letter for the end of the year. I know that God will provide for me. I’m just waiting to see how He has it planned and what I need to do to pull it together.

German is going to find out next week about getting some of my meds here in Nica. That will be cheaper and also I won’t have to buy 3 months worth at a time. The change/possible loss of health insurance at the end of Dec will help to determine my options. There are some definite advantages to getting the meds here. Like price, availability, etc. We’ll see.

We’re getting ready for a big team the week before Christmas, who will build a church at the Sewer Pond neighborhood. At the same time, I’ll be turning over the reigns of the Bible studies and Sewing class to Leslie, our fulltime translator, to keep things going while we’re in the states.

I had a really great blessing today. While getting passports for the team out of my safe, I realized that the little bag that I keep my passport in felt more full than just my passport. I looked inside and there was an envelope from my bank back in the states with some money that I had put aside and forgot about. I was so happy to find it! What a blessing!!! I love it when God surprises me like that!

Well, bed is calling my name. Looking forward to a restful night and I’m so thankful to sleep in peace that comes from knowing God.

No comments:

Post a Comment