Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wednesday, Nov 2, 2011 NICARAGUA

Another great day. I’m exhausted, but happy.

I got up early to do Bible study before breakfast and getting ready for Spanish class. I enjoy my quiet time. Although, since I don’t have TV and other distractions, most of the time in my room is quiet time! Ha

Aracelys cleaned my room quickly before I locked up and headed off to class. I stopped by Bazar Jerry for the much needed light blue thread to make more Bible bags for the ladies. I also stopped at the libreria for some paper clips. By the way, I asked Juan how to say paper clips in Spanish and he said they just say ‘clips’. That should be easy to remember!

It was a lovely, sunny morning and not too hot for the walk. Soon it will be too hot for me to walk. I’ll miss it very much. I lather on the sunscreen and wear a hat now. My bloodpressure meds make me burn easily, so I try to be cautious.

I got to class a little early and started reviewing my verbs. Juan was late again. I think we have slowly moved my class from 10a-12p to 10:30a-12:30 or 1pm. But that’s okay with me.

We had a good class and I was very challenged. He is going very fast and I wish I had more study time at home to really grasp everything. I made him promise to let me nail some of this info before he starts throwing more at me. That lasted about 15 minutes this morning. LOL. I do enjoy the class very much.

I left for home about 12:30 and went a head and walked even though the sun was very strong. I just love walking and it’s hard not to do it.

I got home for lunch and we had shredded beef, rice, beans and a fried plantain. It was yummy. I’m liking this new cook very much! She was wearing the apron that I had made for her last night. I told her I would make more and prettier ones this weekend. She and Aracelys deserve some nice ones.

I played with Manuel a little bit. Then I started sewing some more on the Bible bags. Leslie and I talked about Spanish grammar and how she worked hard on her English lessons when she first started learning. She understands my challenges and joys.

Sherry talked to Mary and found out that her plane was delayed and she would have to spend the night in Houston and catch the flight to Managua tomorrow instead of today. The airline will pay for the hotel, but I’m sure she would rather be here than hanging out at the airport most of the day tomorrow. But at least she will be here soon.

The Hulsey’s left and Leslie and I prepared for the Women’s Bible study class at Las Quimeras. Leslie’s husband, Jorge, had the day off from the children’s psychology place, so he was driving his taxi. He took us to the Bible study and brought us back to the hotel. Today was a holiday for a lot of people. It’s the Day of the Dead, which sounds more like Halloween, but is like our Memorial Day. People go to the cemeteries and clean up and decorate the graves of their loved ones. Since we have a cemetery on each end of our ‘block’, we saw a lot of action on the street today.

When I left for class this morning, I came across 3 people walking and waving to me. I recognized them from the Sewer Pond neighborhood. They spoke with me a few minutes and I told them that I was going to Spanish class. They were proud of me. It was nice to see them. They said that they miss us.

I got home from the Bible study and sewed on 6 more Bible bags, then fixed a tuna wrap in a tortilla and some yuka chips, then had some pudding for dessert.

I’ve been working on the computer all evening. And I’m not near done with making all the charts that I’ve scribbled in my notebook. I can’t believe that it’s nearly 11pm already.

I need to get myself to bed so I can get to class early again tomorrow. Oh, speaking of class, we usually are off on Fridays, but since Sunday is the election for the country and the ballots will still be in the process of being counted on Monday, most places are closing. Some for a holiday. Some because you never know what the situation will be from the outcome of the election. It’s best to lay low. We aren’t having class on Monday, so Juan is having all of his Monday classes come this Friday instead. I hope my brain can take 5 days of study this week. Ha. At least it will be a quiet weekend at home. Most churches don’t meet on Election day either. But I think the Las Quimeras might be meeting anyway. At least I will have plenty of time to sew this weekend and that makes me very happy!

My friends Charlie and Leslie Cotton welcomed their daughter Jenna to the world today. They are doing well and are very excited. I’m so happy for them.!

Time to hit the hay. Praying for a good night’s rest so I’ll be ready for the day tomorrow! God is good and I’m so blessed to have Him order my steps

No comments:

Post a Comment