Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday, August 29, 2010

This week has been pretty good.

I met John Caubble over at the new property for our weekly update meeting. The weather was great! We met outside and enjoyed the breeze. It was a nice long meeting about a lot of things... local missions, Nicaragua, Dubai... It was good to catch up.

I worked from home on Wednesday afternoon/evening. It was good to be in the newly organized office part of the den. Now I just need to tackle the rest of the room!

Thursday I got to meet with Angie Milner from FBCR. We had lots to talk about and catch up on. She is a good sounding board and encourager for me about local missions. I really appreciate her friendship and all she does for her family and ABF class and her friends. She is a special woman. We met at the outside play area of the Dairy Queen in Lowell, so that her son and her babysitting boy could play. We ended up getting a little bit of sun, since we sat and talked for hours. It was very pleasant weather.

Friday, I got to spend a few hours on the sewing projects that I've been saving up. I altered 5 dresses, 2 skirts and 2 tops. I just have to hem a few of the dresses, alter & hem another dress and sew together a skirt that I'm making tweaking a pattern for. We'll see how it turns out. I'll be granny sitting this weekend and I can do all the hemming then while I'm talking with Miss Juanita. I spent some time studying a book on the Holy Spirit and reading. I need to make more time for that.

Friday evening was spent at the Hulsey's house. Ms Mary came over from Searcy to spend the weekend. Kaylie and Kearsten and I spent the night. The girls came later in the evening, so I had dinner with Mike, Sherry & Manuel, Mary and Chris and Katie (Mike and Sherry's son and daughter-in-law). It was homemade lasagna and salad. It was so good. Butterfinger cake was for dessert. I was stuffed by bedtime. We sat around and chatted a little and the girls looked at family pictures. Manuel kept us entertained, too. I just LOVED their house. They built it to sell and it's gorgeous!

Saturday morning, Sherry made a big breakfast and we chatted a little bit more. The girls left and then Sherry, Mary and I relaxed and chatted even more. Manuel packed his 'phone', computer, watch, sunglasses and lightsaber into his briefcase and went to work with Mike (showing a model home). Us girls took some chairs to them, so we got to tour a couple of houses. Then Manuel decided to come home with the 'ladies'. We had some leftover lasagna (just as good as yesterday!) and then Manuel and I had a great time of pretending. He was a preacher (he imitates Bro Wes, and very well, I might add) and a worship leader (he does a great job a la Mark). I was his wife (he called me Honey) and Mary was our daughter. It was fun and funny. I stopped by Hobby Lobby on the way home and picked up a wedding shower gift and some fabric. Then I went home and took a long nap.

Today I went to FBCR for worship and then headed across town to Cuerpo Vivo. Both were very good. I came straight home and Deanna was surprised to see me before 2pm. I had some leftovers for lunch and laid down to rest and look at the sale ads from the Sunday paper. I love doing that, even though I don't shop much (except for thrift stores and clearance racks). Karyn, Rob and Bryon came over to hang a mirror above Deanna's fireplace. It looks pretty good.

My ears have been stopped up ever since I got back from Nic a few weeks ago. I've tried different things, but it keeps coming and going. Today, I couldn't really understand the music at either church and the sound just blended together and I couldn't follow a melody. I got some pharmacuetical advice and ran to Walmart to get some drugs. While there, I picked up a baby shower gift and some tubs to store some of my stuff in and also to use as my 'checked baggage' when I go back to Nic.

I worked on some projects here at the house and then got on the computer. It's been a pretty satisfying week. I'm relaxed and ready for bed. I have some more meetings this next week to get some projects lined out for the rest of the year. I hope to have all my responsibilities in order before I leave at the end of October. I work better with a deadline.

I'm so thankful to God for allowing me to be His child and tool in His plan. I am truly blessed by friends and my church families. I love being able to spend my days just working on missions here and wherever He sends me. I'm so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment