Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nicaragua July 16, 2010

Friday

Up at 6pm for breakfast. Devotions by Bobby. Part of the team went to do the Zip line and shopping. The rest of us are going into Leon later for shopping.

A few of us worked on supplies and getting the empty room ready for the girls from my home church who are going to be interns for 2 weeks. Bethany, Kaylie and Kearsten are coming in tonight.

I'm having some liver issues and I'm hoping to stay ahead of it. It's hard with the limited foods we get here. Most everything I eat, including the crackers are not good for me. But God will keep me healthy in His amazing power as He sees fit. I'm relaxing on the bed and reading and journaling.

I really need to have an attitude adjustment. I need to fill up with the Holy Spirit. I want to bless You today, Lord.

Our group went to Leon and stopped by a cellular store, La Unión and then had a nice lunch in town. We went to the market. pee-uuu!! I bought 3 flyswatter that look like hands. We stopped by a little artisan shop. Rain, Rain, Rain!!! We came back to the house and I got a little nap.

I left at 5pm with Danilo for the airport. We picked up his girlfriend to join us for the ride. A major street in Managua was closed and we got lost. We ended up at the Oriental Market, which is one of the most dangerous areas in Central America according to German. We kept driving around and calling German. Finally, he had Danilo pull over and German met us. I got in the car with German's family and we went to the airport.

Fabio (another driver) met us at the airport with his van and we waited for the girls. Ishmael and Maria Angel (German's kids) are so cute, and his wife Joanna is very sweet. We sat in the food court area until the plane landed.

German and I went to the big window and watched where people collect their luggage and go through customs. I saw the girls and gave them a big wave. We all got excited. They finally got their bags and came through the doors. German and Fabio grabbed the bags and off we went to the van.

We stopped at On the Run nearby so the girls could get some food. Kaylie and I split a combo and we gave Fabio the drink. We chatted all the way to the house during the 1.5 hour drive. It was dark and rainy, so you couldn't see any of the countryside.

When we got back home, it was kind of rowdy with the team getting ready to leave the next morning. They were having fun. It had rained all evening and was pretty damp. We made the girls beds and finally everyone went to sleep.

About 12:30am, Kearsten came and woke me up. She was very upset. She was not feeling well and she was very homesick. She couldn't stop crying. I laid in her bunk bed with her, and we talked and prayed. Finally, we called her parents. It was determined that she could take a pill to help her sleep and I laid with her until 3:00am. She got a little sleep. Bless her heart. She was so tired and it was pretty gloomy to arrive at pitch dark in the rain. But God has great plans for her. It will be worth it! His plans always are!

No comments:

Post a Comment