Thursday, August 12, 2010

Nicaragua July 20, 2010

Tuesday

Woke up early with what I hope is the last of my stomach problems for now. I want to feel good and strong and energetic to show God's light with every breath.

I'm not getting a chance to study my Spanish lessons much. I need to make it more of a priority. Fill me with Spanish words today, please Lord.

Beth made breakfast for us and then we all worked on sorting baby clothes. Kearsten worked on putting baby/momma kits together for the hospital visit.

Bethany did our devotions for today. It was about Paul and Apollos - everyone working together; God does it all; we plant the seeds as He calls us to do. After that we went back to work on the clothing. I sat on the upstairs veranda with Mary a little while. It is really humid today.

Beth fixed taquitos for lunch and the girls loved them. I had leftover pineapple chicken and mashed potatoes.

We took showers and got the VBS stuff ready and in the van. All the trashbags of balloons looked pretty funny. There was hardly any room for us!

On the way into León, it started raining. It had quit by the time we got to the Stop Light to pick up the translators, but the streets were flooded. It's amazing how fast the water builds up.

It was muddy at the village, but okay. We had to borrow a shovel from someone to remove some animal poop, but other than that, we were good to go. Story time is a big hit and the craft for today was paperplate & bean tamborines. The game was trying to pop the balloon tied to everyone's ankles. Pretty crazy. I got some good pics and videos.

We gave out some of the baby/toddler hats that I had brought down. It was so fun to see the kids with the brightly colored hats. I love taking pictures of the kids.

Before we arrived at VBS, we stopped at the park in León and bought a few souvenirs. I got a Nic shirt and a ring with a cross & the Lord's Prayer in Spanish printed on it. We stopped by the artisan shop, too. It was raining on us while we shopped, but we didn't take too long anyway.

After VBS, we got home and had hamburgers and fries (I had Chex mix). It was tasty.

We left for church in the rain. The service was awesome! Joe is the worship leader and he really makes you want to celebrate Jesus! Kaylie gave her testimony and Beth "preached". Our translators were Christopher and Hector. Hector was very nervous. I even said a few Spanish words out loud to help out. :) Mary spoke a few words at the end of the service. We loved being there. It was the first church that I attended on my first trip to Nic in March. Cool! I got to meet Joe's fiancé Marsela. She sings with the praise team. She's very sweet. I'm so happy for them. Joe said he would make a cd of music for me. I can't wait!!

On the way home we saw a man on a horse carrying a pig, who was just laying across the front of the saddle. You see some strange things on the road.

We got home in the rain and put on our jammies to get cozy. Mary and Beth both went to sleep quickly. The girls came over to my (and Beth's) room to visit. They have figured out who is going to sleep in each bunk next week when we move them into our room.

Today has been a great day and tomorrow will be good, too! God is so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment