Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nicaragua July 15, 2010

Thursday

Woke up early. Retaining way too much fluid. Trying to drink a bottle of water before breakfast. Need to "purify" my body and my spirit. It's so hard to catch up when I get behind on drinking water. It sneaks up on you fast.

Everyone is really tired, but it's our last work day. Everyone is pumped and excited to continue the work that God sent them here to do.

"Amos 4:12b Prepare to meet thy God" was written on the backs of the ushers' tshirts at the crusade. They were from many churches and many denominations. Some were more charismatic, some ladies had lace head coverings (and jean skirts). All were working together for the Kingdom.

I love the Kingdom work attitude here. Not like back home where it's more about 'reaching people' for 'our' church. Here, it's gathering people to God's family and His Kingdom. So basic and true to God's purpose for our lives.

Blessings to the Pastors and workers who have to go through so much more than we do to 'encounter' a lost person, to have church together, even just to survive. I am humbled in their shadow of dedication.

We are going to do 3 Fiestas back to back, a radio program and also Pastor's conference this morning. I'm going to try to video some of the activities today.

My stomach is kind of queazy, so I got some ritz crackers and orange juice. Riding in the vans all day long can get to you.

I got to go to the radio station again today. It was good to ride in the back of the truck again instead of in the van. It helped my stomach. Jessica was a lot of fun at the radio station. I videoed her speaking and singing and the place in general. I also videoed the engine of the truck (which has some strange parts that I know did not come with the truck when new!). They guys thought I was loca. Then got embarassed when they realized that I could understand them. I agreed that I am loca.

We got back to the church and waited with the guys for the vans.

We hit On the Run and then went home for lunch, shower and rest. Leaving at 3pm for Leon and then the crusade.

Walked around Central Park in Leon and bought a bag. Had ice cream at Eskimo. Stopped at On the Run and then picked up Iris on the way to the crusade. She is going to translate Beth's testimony and is scared to death. In fact, she is trembling. I prayed with her in the van.

At the crusade site, we all prayed together in a big group, then we split into smaller groups and prayer walked the area.

A trio from the team sang a song, Beth gave her testimony and Buddy preached the message.

German's family was at the crusade. I took lots of pics of kids. It started sprinkling just as the crusade was over.

We stopped at On the Run and one van stayed behind with the translators while the rest of us went on to the house for dinner (which was chicken spaghetti with chopped up weenies). Interesting, but not bad.

I took a shower and relaxed. Glad I don't have to get up early tomorrow. Love being here. Thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment