Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nicaragua July 18, 2010

Sunday

Up at 7am, breakfast at 7:30am and left for church at 8:30am.
Kearsten is better and really enjoyed the service at Rosa de Sáron church. There was a North American speaker. A 100 year old woman was celebrating her birthday and accepted Christ. The church sang a birthday song. German translated for us.

We stopped at La Unión for VBS supplies and bread for lunch. AND to use the bathroom.

We came home for a yummy lunch fixed by Beth and the girls. Chicken with a gravy made with soup, rice, cabbage salad, and bread. It was great! Kearsten and I cleaned up the kitchen.

I rested on the bed and chatted with Beth a little, then journaled. A mosquito decided to snack on me. I hope it doesn't have any buddies!

Sr Sapo (toad) is in our shower. As long as he doesn't make any sudden moves, I'm alright.

I really need to be working on Spanish lessons. I'm using it so much less here than I do in Rogers. Hopefully, next week will be different since we won't have a lot of translators speaking English. I really want to practice. I think I'll break out the Spanish book now.

Well, the Spanish book didn't make it out after all. But I did learn the words to 2 Spanish kid's songs that we use in the Fiestas. And the girls worked on more of the VBS stuff.

We got ready for church and left at 5pm (after waking Danilo up from his nap). We stopped at Eskimo for ice cream before church. Yum!

We went to German's church tonight and it is one of the most welcoming churches I have ever been in. It was awesome.

I was asked to give my testimony and Beth was asked to preach. It was great! I talked about family and also living my life so that people will notice something different about me and ask about it. Also, talked about them being ready to answer when people ask what makes Christians so joyful. This will be a simple goal for me to always think about.

Time for bed. Thank for this day Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment