Friday, August 13, 2010

Nicaragua August 7, 2010

Saturday Last day in Nic

I woke up at 3am. Mary was softly snoring on and off and I was just laying there awake thinking about lots of things.

I got up about 4:40 and got dressed and ready to leave for the airport at 5am. I hugged Mary and Beth goodbye and they went back to bed. (their flights leave at noon and 1pm)

I walked across the street to the airport and got in line to check in at the Continental desk. It was 5:13am. It took 45 minutes to make it through the line. I met a man who was traveling with his daughter back to California after spending time on the east coast of Nic scuba diving. I got checked in and my suitcase weighed 49 pounds. whew! I went straight over to the immigration check in line, which was very long, but moving pretty well. After the bag xray and search, I ran to a small shop and bought a bottled water so that I could take my morning pills. I only got half of the water down and had to throw it away because they were boarding my row on the plane. One more search of carry-on bags and I'm all set. I get on the plane and settle in.

We took off promptly and had a smooth flight. The breakfast was less than desirable, but the 4 little pieces of fruit was good. I like the OJ, too. I dozed a little bit. We arrived in Houston 30 minutes early. I ran the gauntlet of immigration and customs and bag check-in and such. (I misunderstood the immigration person and thought she was asking me to pay $50 to enter back into the country. funny moment) Then I went strait to Chili's and ate a HUGE salad. Yay for veggies!! I called people to tell them that I was back in the states. My sister was very happy to hear it.

I walked around a lot since I had a 4 hour layover. I had a scoop of icecream, but it wasn't as good as the Eskimo icecream in Nic. :) I sat at some seats along a window and put my feet up on my carry-on bag and caught up writing in my journal. I would LOVE to have a nap right now... But I know I will sleep well tonight and I need to get up early tomorrow to hit both the FBC service and then run across town to the Cuerpo Vivo service.

When I talked to Deanna, she said that the Eatons had dropped the mission-mobile off in the driveway. How precious is that blessing!! She also said that Jet has been to the groomers and smells nice. I had dreamed the other day that I was hugging his nick. I hope he remembers me!

I miss seeing my Nic kids and I will pray for them daily until I can see them again.

I have a wonderful peace about being a part of Voice of Hope ministries and getting to come and go often to be in Nic. I am so thankful.

Time to put on some makeup so I will at least look awake. ha

I've been catching up on my journalling for the days when I just kind of bullet-pointed entries instead of writing paragraphs. There is so much I want to remember, but it's hard. Pics help.

Time to go find a bathroom near my gate and get ready to leave for the flight to Rogers. It dosn't feel like I've been gone 4 weeks. I find that time is relative when serving the Lord. His time is special.

We had to wait on the flight crew before we could board the plane. We left about 15 mintues late, but the plane was only about half full, so I got to spread out in 2 seats. Nice. I met a lady and her son who were travelling from Oregon to Rogers to visit her sister. I gave Isaac a couple of the plastic finger puppets I had in my backpack. He shared one of his silly-bands with me. It was in the shape of a van. It reminded me of the vans I had been riding in for the last 4 weeks in Nic. I gave them my card with info about the church services on it. It was nice meeting them.

Deanna picked me up at the airport and we came straight home. Jet met me at the door. He is so snuggly. It's good to be in my NA (North America) home for awhile. I'm ready to relax. But I'm ready to head back to Nic, too. God is so good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment