Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nicaragua July 17, 2010

Friday

Awakened by team around 6am. Fruit and pico bread for breakfast. Team pic and then they left around 7am. They were a fun team. I'm so glad that I got to meet and work with them.

The girls are still asleep. I worked on sorting through my suitcases and such. We started pulling sheets and towels from the old team so we could get them all washed up.

The cleaning ladies came at 8ish and cleaned the room for the girls to move into. We got them settled in.

Kearsten is still upset and calling home off and on all day. She'll do better, though.

We worked on separating VBS stuff and other supplies. It's rainy and gloomy.

We got cleaned up and went to Leon for grocery shopping for our week of 6 ladies. We won't have the cooks here, so we can fix our own meals. Beth is going to cook most of the meals. We went to La Unión, the bakery and open market.

We got back home and worked more on the VBS stuff for the week. Beth made spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner. The girls cleaned up the kitchen. I worked on laundry and towels. We sat around and chatted a lot.

I prayed with Kearsten and got her tucked in bed. She is doing better. I talked with Bethany and Kaylie about next week and they are excited and ready to be servants.

I'm going to read a little bit and then go to sleep. It will be nice to rest up a little after having the team last week.

There are 2 toads in our room. I wish they would hop on out of here!

I want to be a blessing to You Lord. I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment