Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday evening. Time is flying by.

Friday, I did a few things to help Cuerpo Vivo get ready for the concert on Saturday evening. In the evening, I worked on some clothing that I needed to alter to take back to Nic. I have 6 items ready to sew and be done. Now, I just have to get myself motivated to fire up the sewing machine...

Saturday morning I took off for the Disaster Relief Training offered by the Arkansas Baptist Convention. I've been through the training twice before, but because I had not had the chance to deploy with the team over the years, I needed to do the 'new' training over again. It's good stuff, so I didn't mind at all. I did the Feeding training this time. The feeding units prepare thousands of meals each day for the Red Cross and Salvation Army to deliver during disasters. Even if I don't get to respond to a disaster, the training will come in handy in other situations.

I was very tired when I got home on Saturday afternoon, so I laid down for a nap. I slept too long and missed the beginning of the concert. I felt a little foggy, so I just stayed home for the evening. But I heard the concert was great.

Sunday morning at FBCR was good. I love the music so much. We heard a few words from PJ, the children's pastor candidate. I liked what he had to say. I think he would be a great addition to our church. Bro Wes' message was really good. I admire him for speaking the truth to the church, even when it steps on toes in major ways. God's truth is righteous, firm and worthy of being followed.

Sunday morning at Cuerpo Vivo was great. The band from the night before did the worship music, along with Oliver. It was very nice. Moncho also shared the message with us. I was blessed by it. Pastor Jaime had special time of prayer for all the families of the church, who came to the altar, to submit their lives and families to God. After that, all the students came to the front and we all prayed over them for this new school year. I love family feeling of the church. Sunday mornings are so pleasant and stress free now that we get to use the sanctuary and children's wing and don't have to set up and take down chairs every week. We can all come and worship together and focus on God and... it's nice.

Monday morning I worked on the 'office area' of the den here at the house. I condensed some files and organized my books. I forgot that I have so many that I want to read. I need to get busy!! It looks a lot nicer in there, anyway. After I finish my sewing projects, another corner will look better. Of course, I have a stack of things to be packed for my next trip to Nic. That pile will just keep growing...

Monday afternoon was staff meeting with the FBCR staff. Then I had a quick meeting with Oliver and Jaime. I ran to get snacks for the Cuerpo Vivo classes and dinner for Oliver and me. Then it was time to do childcare for the classes. Elizabeth helped me with the kids and it was great to have the use of the kid's rooms this year. Elizabeth and Erika (7th grade) helped with the little kids in one room and I had 3 gradeschool boys in another room. It was fun. I got to know some of the kids better that I didn't get to spend much time with last semester. The boys were quizzing me on some Spanish words. I always enjoy that! We had a good night.

This morning was the first Tuesday class for the Fundamentals course. I loved it. It's a challenge since it is taught in Spanish, so I have to work extra hard to keep up. This course will last about 23 weeks or so. I'll be in Nic for part of it, but I'll keep going and checking in with Jaime each week.

This afternoon, Cindy and I worked on my old office at the church, which has become a resource room for ministry supplies for the local missions and puppets. She is a hard worker when it comes to organizing. I like to do it when I'm motivated, but lately I'm too scattered to be focused too long on one project. I need to work on that. Anyway, we got a lot done today. We pulled out the items that I will need for the Block Party on Sept 18, and we labeled and organized the stuff that is staying in the room. Thursday morning we will finish moving stuff down from another room and finish up this resource room. That will one more thing checked off my bucket list of stuff that needs to be handled before I start spending more time in Nic.

I stopped by the grocery store tonight on the way home and got a rotisserie chicken and some veggies and other stuff. Deanna and I enjoyed an openfaced wrap with chicken, tomato, 4 colors of peppers, spinach and cheese. Yum!!! It was funny to watch us try to eat them, but they sure were good! No condiments necessary!

God is working out the timing for me to be back in Nic for about a month starting at the end of October thru Thanksgiving. I'm ready to get back there! God has blessed me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment