Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nicaragua July 13, 2010

Tuesday

Up at 5am, breakfast at 6am, Devotions at 6:30am. Left the house at 7am for 2 Fiestas and radio station.

I walked with Mary and prayed while she shared with a lady who accepted Christ. Then I helped with the Fiesta.

At the 2nd Fiesta, I walked with Mary for a time and then walked with Chris, Donna and Iris. I was blessed to lead Estaban to the Lord. It was definitely the Holy Spirit working.

We walked past a church being built and the workers had on the radio. We heard Buddy on the radio, sharing the Gospel and promoting the crusade that will take place this week. How awesome!!

I got to give a couple of little girls some of the plastic finger puppets that I had brought. I'm going to bring lots more of those on my next trip down.

Iris and Hixel were with me part of the time. Iris friended me on Facebook. I like getting to know the translators. They are all sweet kids (20s & 30s).

We came back for lunch and rest time. We'll shower and then leave for the crusade at 4:30pm. Hopefully, the ballfield won't be too mushy. Time to read and relax. I just shared info with Donna about Spanish studies. It's fun to have that in common.

I got a little bit of a nap and then showered and dressed for the Crusade. We stopped at Eskimo for icecream. Mary, Becky and I went to La Unión grocery store for ham, chips and eggs. Then we met up with everyone at Eskimo.

A big storm is rolling in with pouring rain, lightning and thunder. We stopped at On the Run for a bathroom break. It is raining soooo hard and the lightning is very scary.

We got a call that the crusade is cancelled because of the storm. We decided to go on out to the site to sit in the vans and pray over the area. Many people were there from churches to work the crusade. We got out and witnessed to some people under a metal shelter. (not smart in a lightning storm)

The rain kept coming, but the lightning eased up a little bit and stayed in the clouds. We just couldn't leave these people. The band played and Jessica gave her testimony and Buddy gave the message. There were some professions of faith, but I don't know how many.

Kids came over to the van and we had a great time talking to them. They sang some songs. One little boy sang to me in Engligh. They were a lot of fun. A man named Mariano came to the window and we discussed Christianity (in my limited Spanish). I told Mary that I had given him her number. heehee

We saw the Speigles (fulltime missionaries in Nic) at the crusade. It was so good to see them.

After the crusade, we stopped at On the Run for the usual potty break. (it's usually 30 minutes to an hour drive everywhere we go, so that bathroom break is vital!)

We came home to no electricity. Good thing dinner was sandwiches and chips. I had a peanut butter sandwich and some mixed nuts.

Mary, Beth and I chatted a little then we went to our rooms. The team had share time.

We all went to bed praying for electricity to power up our fans.

God is good. Even in heat. I pray for a good rest so I can be full of strength and energy for tomorrow.
I love you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment