Friday, August 13, 2010

Nicaragua August 4, 2010

Wednesday

We all woke up very sleepy, but ready for the Fiestas. When we stopped at On the Run for the bathroom and snacks, I got pics of all of the translators and I got a pic of my 5 kids, too.

We did our 2 Fiestas, which were good. One of the ladies on the team was always getting involved in praying over the people and didn't pay attention when we gathered the group to leave. She ended up getting left at the school and came riding up on the back of a motorcycle. It was an adventure and a very good object lesson for the youth to remember to stay with the group. Of course, the youth weren't the ones we had problems keeping up with. ha

At the second Fiesta, I sat in the van with one of the youth who was not feeling well. We chatted a little bit, but mostly I talked with Manuel. It's amazing how much you can communicate even when you don't speak very good Spanish. But we had a great conversation.

We got back to the house and had grilled chicken and mashed potatoes for lunch. Yum! (can you tell this is one of my favorite meals here?) I took a nap and sorted more of my stuff since I had a little time. I walked on the beach and called my sister Pam. She could hear the ocean in the background. I got my shower and got ready for church.

A BIG storm rolled in right when we got to Jericho church. It knocked out the electricity and the rain was soooo loud. One of my kid's, Chico, brought his wife, Elieth and son, Benjamin. I got to sit with them at church and we took pics of my little family. It was a special evening.

We got back to the house for hamburgers for dinner. Then we all gratefully went to bed. God is sooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment