Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday, August 15, 2010

It's Monday evening and I'm in my chair, with my laptop on my lap (go figure) and watching what passes for TV with Deanna. It's been a busy day and I'm pleasantly tired. I think I'll sleep well tonight. I picked up a couple of new books from the library for my bedtime reading. Hopefully, they are good enough to keep my interest, but not too exciting so I can lay them down and go to sleep.

Last evening, I reviewed the first 7 chapters of my Spanish textbook. I want to finish up that book and move on to some others in the next few weeks. I have a ton of things I want to study and read. I need to discipline my time better to fit it all in. What is Your schedule for me, Lord?

Saturday, I messed around the house and rested a little bit and then had a late lunch/early dinner with Nana Ruth. It was nice to sit and talk and catch up with each other. I also tried on some of the dresses that I made for Nicaragua so that Deanna could pin some alterations. I had made up the pattern off of a dress that I liked. I tend to worry about my clothes being too tight, so I cut the dresses big and they are too roomy. I'll make the alterations and then put some pockets on the front and they will be perfect for wearing in Nic.

Sunday was special with worship services at FBCR on the west side of town and Cuerpo Vivo on the east side. I love being able to worship with friends in both languages. I'm so thankful that God has worked out the timing for each service so that I can attend both. I am blessed.

I had a good meeting with Jaime and Oliver this afternoon regarding the scheduling of events for Cuerpo Vivo through the end of the year. There is some good momentum going in the Hispanic church and we are keeping it rolling. God is very busy in Cuerpo Vivo. It's exciting.

John Caubble called me this morning with a new project for this week. He asked that I shop for and put together 400 more compassion kits for the workers in Dubai. I hit both Walmarts and 1 Walgreens stores and purchased most of what I needed to get. I still have a few hundred more toothbruses and toothpaste to pick up and some flip flops for about 100 women. I cleaned off the shelves at both Walmarts for some of the items I was looking for. I filled 2 shopping carts at both stores. It was fun. I'll try to finish shopping in the morning by hitting all the Dollar stores in town and also going by Walmart to see if they have re-stocked. Then Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday will be spent putting the kits together. I'll be calling in reinforcements and having some fun! John asked that the kits be ready by Thursday. This will keep me out of trouble for a few days anyway...

I guess I should head off to bed for now. I think I'll listen to some Spanish praise music to put me in a quiet mood. I'm trying to immerse my brain in all the Spanish I can get. (gotta get ready to return to Nic!)

No comments:

Post a Comment