Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday evening and I'm relaxing in my chair catching up on some communication.

It's been a productive week. The Compassion Kits for Dubai were completed by noon on Wednesday, ahead of the timetable I had anticipated, thanks to some surprise, hard working volunteers.

Wednesday, I got to attend a lunch meeting with the Hulseys and Brian Sander (FBCR Youth Pastor) regarding a Spring Break mission trip for the Youth to go to serve in Nic with Voice of Hope Ministries. I think we might be having a Youth Crusade during that week. It will be awesome! I enjoyed seeing Manuel and hearing about his school. And the food was pretty good, too!!

Speaking of food, I was blessed to spend a long lunch with Cindy Sigmon today. I had one of my favorite meals (black & blue salad at O'Charleys). We sat and talked for a couple of hours. It was nice to catch up. We're going to work together on a project next week. It will be fun.

I ran some errands and got a few things done at both FBCR buildings. A lot of little things. After I got home, I worked a little bit on some clothes that need altering and did some laundry. It has been a very pleasant, stress-free day.

I found out today that I'm not needed to house/dog-sit this weekend, so I'm going to make the weekend count by getting stuff done here at the house on Friday evening and then probably going to Disaster Relief training on Saturday morning and then a Spanish Christian concert on Saturday evening. That's my plan, anyway...

I delivered a check from FBCR to the counselor and pricipal at Northside Elementary to provide school supplies and other needed items for kids whose families can't provide them. There were some tears shed and many thank yous. Kelly kept saying 'you just don't know how this helps, you just don't know'. Well, I don't know the details, but God knows who needs what, and it was a privilege to be a small tool in HIS plan for those who 'have' to give to those who 'have not'. The principal was still blessed that our Youth wrote a thank you note to the school for letting some of the kids go to do work at the school during the Mission Rogers week in June. The teachers and staff are thankful for the things that FBCR has done to bless them over the past year. They are so glad to have people appreciate them. They work so hard and have less resources than some other schools. I admire all teachers for the work that they do. They need to be thanked in relevant ways. A little love can go a long way...

I have enjoyed spending time with people I run into. Sometimes it's just a quick conversation, sometimes a discussion, sometimes a meal... I love sharing what God is doing in my life and how blessed I feel. I'm grateful to be able to thank the people who support me financially and through prayer. I get excited to be an encourager to others to get involved in what God is doing around them. I'm spoiled by having a life that is so opposite of what the 'world' deems as successful, but what God plans for me. I love being a Christian and I love being a Missionary. Most of all, I love my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment