Thursday, August 12, 2010

Nicaragua July 28, 2010

Wednesday

God woke me at 4:20 and started my day. The most interesting part of going to the dining room to plug in the coffee is watching out for toads. They hop around the house and I'm always afraid that I will step on one. I fixed my oatmeal for breakfast and hooked Debbie up with some hot water for hers.

Kaylie is feeling better and is going out to the Fiestas today. It's good to see her smiling again.

Holy Spirit I need you right beside me today. Satan is attacking and wanting me to be a person that I am not. I can only be a Christ-like person when I have Jesus filling me up. I can't do it on my own. Thank You for Your love and grace. Cover the whole team with a Holy glow today as we share You. Take away all strife and dissention and sickness and distraction. Lord, fill me today with so much of You that there is no room for anything else to even creep in. Glofiy Yourself today.

I got to spend some time praying with the girls this morning. I'm so proud of the wonderful Christian example they are. They (we all) are being stretched, challenged and grown in many ways. I remember something I read one day: You know if you have the heart of a servant by the way you react when you are treated by one. It's a very important thing to remember in all aspects of life. Please Lord, help me to be the person that You created me to be. I want that more than anything. I love You Lord, so much. May You be glorified in all things.

I went shopping with Mary and Sherry for food. We ran out of time and didn't get any icecream. But it was fun!

One of the vans had gotten stuck in mud due to the rain. The drivers are very good at getting the vans through all kinds of terrain. Fabio's van had a flat tire and the team was very impressed that the 3 drivers got it changed in very rapid time.

Some of the team visited a private clinic today. I saw it from the outside and it looked a million times better than the hospital. I'm glad that there are places that can give a little bit better care, even though it costs so much.

I got the chance to have some great conversations with different people today. (we travel a lot in the vans and it makes talks either difficult or easy) I got to spoke with Sherry, Joe, Juan and Christopher.

I called my friend Avis back in Rogers and wished her happy birthday.

At the crusade, Pastor Miguel told me that if I keep spending a lot time in Nicaragua, I will become a Nica. I told him that this is my desire.

We had left the Bibles in the van so we could get them at the beginning of the invitation time and have them ready to give out to those who made professions of faith. When we walked to the van to get them, the drivers were gone. We called and found out they were eating. They had to come running across the parking area. When Manuel told me about it, he could hardly talk because he was laughing so hard. I was trying to understand his Spanish and his giggling made it very difficult. Good times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment