Friday, August 13, 2010

Nicaragua August 2, 2010

Monday

Slept till the alarm at 5. Not feeling too great this morning. I don't think I drank enough water yesterday. But it's not raining, so I'm grateful. Time for Bible reading and then wake up the roomies.

Awesome!! God showed me a scripture that I had been trying to remember. I was skimming along in Isiah looking for it and then Susanne came along for coffee and we got to talking I mentioned the scripture and she remembered it, but couldn't recall the exact verses. While we were talking, it just jumped out off the page! Thank you Lord! It's Isaiah 54:1-6 (New Living Translation). 1 "Sing, O childless woman! Break forth into loud and joyful song, O Jerusalem, even though you never gave birth to a child. For the woman who could bear no children now has more than all the other women," says the LORD. 2 "Enlarge your house; build an addition; spread out your home! 3 For you will soon be bursting at the seams. Your descendants will take over other nations and live in their cities. 4 "Fear not; you will no longer live in shame. The shame of your youth and the sorrows of widowhood will be remembered no more, 5 for your Creator will be your husband. The LORD Almighty is his name! He is your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, the God of all the earth. 6 For the LORD has called you back from your grief -- as though you were a young wife abandoned by her husband," says your God. The thing that resonates with me about these verses is that God is my Husband and He brings into my life many children to love. He has allowed me to love many children in ways that I would not have been able to if I had children of my own to raise. He has allowed me to be a step-mother to 3 precious boys for a part of their lives. He has allowed me to love and help train many wonderful youth through Acteens, Youth on Mission, Puppet Ministry and other ways in my church. He has allowed me to be a mother figure to many friends while I served in NYC. And He has allowed me to have a mothering relationship with new 'kids' in Nicaragua. He continually brings children to my heart throughout my years and travels around His world. I am thankful for all the love He allows me to give and receive. How fun to rediscover that scripture here in Nic.

The team is learning how to do Fiestas as we go along. They are willing to learn and do what is asked. It's fun to work with them. We are working in the Chinandega and Corinto area this week. Long drives, but nice towns and good churches to work with. We did 2 Fiestas and then headed back for lunch.

We have the evening free (since there are no church services on Monday nights), and since this team will not have a Fun day at the end of the week (they are leaving on Friday), we are going to tour León, shop in the park and have Eskimo icecream. Fun!!! We got home and had dinner and hung out. Beth and a few of the team went to a special conference of some kind in Nagarote, had dinner out and got home about 11pm.

It's bedtime and it feels like herding kittens to get all the youth in their beds. I'm glad that I have my own comfy spot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment