Friday, August 13, 2010

Nicaragua August 5, 2010

Thursday

Sad to wake up. It's the next to last day at teh team house. We had breakfast. I've been eating my instant oatmeal and my stomach has been much better.

Three people on the team are sick and staying back at the house. Some of the youth are queasy with headaches, but are going. We keep telling them to drink more water...

We did 2 Fiestas in Corinto. One at a school and one in a neighborhood. I was selfishly glad when they were over. I think I'm getting tired after 4 weeks.

We stopped at On the Run for the bathroom on our way to Monte Horeb (sewer pond village). We told the team to bring water and snacks this morning because we would not be back to the house for lunch until 2pm. Some followed our advice and some were starving.

It was so sweet to see people at Monte Horeb and be recognized as a friend. I got to hold baby Dariela again. She is the baby in the picture I took of Kearsten a few weeks ago and put on facebook. We gave out bags of baby clothes, candy and toiletries.

We came home for lunch and our last afternoon at the house. Christopher came home with us and he, Beth and I went for a walk on the beach. I picked up a lot more shells.

We were out of water, so I took a baby-wipe bath and got ready for church. Baby-wipe baths aren't too bad, but I don't enjoy bucket-flushing the toilet so much...

We went to Todopoderoso church tonight. They were having a youth service so it was good, but not as full as when the whole congregation is there. I like this church a lot. It happens to be German's church.

Tonight I met a couple named Scott and Bethany. They are in Nic for 2 weeks to prepare for moving here next year to be full time missionaries. We exchanged info so I can keep up with them and pray for their ministry, and hopefully, see them when I'm in Nic, too. It was an awesome encounter.

Hector was the translator for Chester. Chico sat between Beth and me so he could translate for me. He is a great guy and I'm so thankful to know him and to get to meet Elieth (I met Benjamin on my last trip). I look forward to spending more time with his family when I'm back in Nic.

There is a lot of rain tonight. We stopped at the Texaco station so the team could say goodbye to the translators. It was our turn to say goodbye, too, since we will be going into Managua tomorrow to spend the night. I just cried my eyes out over leaving my kids and all the translators and drivers. I am really loving these people. I can't wait to get back to Nic.

We got home and served dinner and went to bed really tired. And really blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment