Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nicaragua July 14, 2010

Wednesday

The fans came on in the middle of the night. How wonderful! We were up at 5am and had breakfast and devotions (by Ralph) and got ready for the day.

1 group went to do a women's conference at a church, where they did a little message for women, gave gifts and drew numbers for haircuts by one of the team members.

1 group went to do the 2 Fiestas in 2 sites.

Adam and I went to the radio station. We rode in the back of the little red truck that is famous for breaking down on Ralph and Seth. We held on to the rails and did some moves that we called 'Nicaraguan surfing' and reminded me of riding the subway in NYC. I loved it! Adam was very nervous about the radio and afraid that he would miss the Fiestas. I shared with him about calming down and letting God have His way. Adam is a jewel of a youth. When we got to the radio station, we sat around and talked with the guys there until time for our 'spot'. I took a lot of pictures of trees and flowers. The guys thought I was a little weird. Adam gave his testimony and I chatted just a little. I wish we would have said more about the crusade, but it's hard to think at times like that. I loved the ride back to the church in the little red truck.

When we got back to the church, Danielle was still cutting hair. It was stifling hot in the church and Danielle was very sick the night before and that morning. She is such a trooper!!

We all got back to the house for lunch, which was kind of meatloaf, beans in a ball, rice, salad, mashed potatoes and tortilla.

After lunch, I rested in our room for a while. Beth had a migraine and needed to rest in a quiet place.

We planned on leaving at 3pm so we can stop in Leon for a while before the crusade. Oooops! No one told the drivers that we wanted to leave early! The drivers and one van are gone. They were needed by German to do some things to prepare for the crusade. Beth called them and they rushed back. While we waited, some of the team sat upstairs on the veranda and sang praise songs. The neighbors sat outside on their patio and sang along, too.

We left for Leon and stopped at the bakery for pico bread. Then we went to La Unión for coffee, etc to take home.

The crusade was great!! I loved the music and all the crowds. A quick stop at On the Run and home for a late dinner.

The cannelloni were in the oven, but were kind of cold from sitting there for hours, so I skipped dinner. I had eaten most of a bag of Chex Mix in the afternoon, so I wasn't all that hungry. It was too late for me to eat anyway, because of meds. I need to lose a few pounds anyway.

Beth told me some more items that are needed for next week, so I gave up texting Kaylie and called her instead. Bless her heart for getting these things last minute. I called and asked Nana Ruth to give her the Walmart card tomorrow.

Going to bed with a sodium headache. Feet are swelled, but I'm not too tired. Remembering that Hixel and I juggled the container of 30 eggs all evening in the van. It was so funny.

I hope I get good sleep and have sweet dreams.
God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment