Friday, August 13, 2010

Nicaragua August 1, 2010

Sunday

Woke up at 4:11, which is interesting if you know my missions history. Anyway, I got the coffee started and couldn't fall back to sleep, so I got my shower and packed my bag for church. My roomies got up at 6am. I talked with Mary this morning instead of Bible reading, but that's okay, as she is a wise woman. :)

Breakfast was good. No complaints! What a blessing to have a grateful team. They all seem to be troopers and ready for the excitement of being on the mission field.

We drove to church in Corinto (about an hour drive) and the service lasted a long time, then we drove home. It was a beautiful time of worship. We got back home for lunch about 2:30. We had beefsteak, rice, beans, cabbage slaw & tortilla. Pretty yummy by Nic standards. We were glad to get back for the bathrooms after the long trek to church!

I laid on my bed for about 1/2 hour to rest a little and then half of us left at 3:40 for church in Nagarote (another long drive). The service was good and then there was a long time of 'laying on hands' and praying. Mary and I went out to the vans to wait. I had accidently left my Bible in the van because I was on a phone call from Rogers when we parked. Fabio said that he found it and looked at it while I was in church. He liked that it is in English and Spanish. We'll have to get him a copy.

On the way through León, we had stopped at the roadside and bought some individual bags of chips for dinner. Mary and I are hilarious when we shop. Between my faltering Spanish and her body language, we get the job done!

We got home from church and put out dinner. Hamburgers and chips. Everyone loved it. How nice! I grabbed a shower and rested until the other vans came back from their churches, ate and then got their showers. After they were settled, we got to retire.

John Caubble texted me that FBCR was taking up offerings in all 3 services for school supplies for Northside School. I told him that I was praying for the last service in the old building that day. I know there were alot of emotions.

FBCR was supposed to have a special eveningg service at the new building tonight. Someone in Rogers who had my cell number called to find out why no one was at the old building. I was spending international fees explaining to the 'taxi' driver how to get to the new church. I noticed when I got home and turned my roaming back on that she had called 3 more times. interesting...

The pastor of the church in Corinto this morning made 3 points about what people will be doing in hell... 1-crying out to God, 2-remember scripture, 3-evangelizing to keep their loved ones out of there. What he said made sense and made me think. I didn't explain it very good here, though. He then showed us what he was going to do when he gets to heaven and sees the person who led him to the Lord - he ran full force across the stage and jumped into the translator's arms. It was very emotional. awesome.

Time for bed. I hope to sleep until 5am tomorrow. That would be sweet!

Thank You God for all things. I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment