Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday, September 3, 2010

This week has went by pretty quickly. Monday I was still juggling the ears and meds for the ears, so I stayed home and worked on the computer and around the house. It's been up and down all week. I'm so thankful that I don't have pain. It's just very frustrating not being able to hear very well and to be off-balance and dizzy.

I had a lunch meeting with Vicki P, a social worker with the Rogers School system. She helps to coordinate how our church can bless the families most in need, especially those families with kids at Northside Elementary (our adopted school). It was good to spend a little time with her and Magdelina (her intern) and Patsy (the head of the school social workers). And of course, the food was yummy!

I've gotten a lot done this week on preparing for the Neighborhood Block Party. Also, I've been working on getting things around the house cleared out and organized so I can spend more time in Nicaragua in the future. I finally got all my dresses and skirts altered and ready to hem. I just have one more skirt to sew up, but I'm taking my time on that since I am tweeking the pattern a little bit.

I've also got dozens of 'bean bags' cut out to sew up and then fill in Nic. I'm trying to learn how to juggle. It's been a desire of mine for a long time, but I don't spend much time on it. Anyway, I thought it would be cool to teach kids in Nic to juggle with their own 3 beanbags and also teach them about the Trinity in the process. We'll see how that goes...

I'm taking a Bible study class (in Spanish) along with the folks at Cuerpo Vivo church. I broke down and ordered the book in English so that I can follow along a little easier. So, I'm spending time doing the study each week in English and then again in Spanish to see how much I can figure out. It's a good study, so it's a good thing to be spending my time on.

Deanna's granddaughter is in labor as I'm writing this (Friday at 5pm) and Deanna went to the hospital for the big arrival. Everyone is so excited and I'm praying for Mama and baby. She is going to be loved on tremendously as soon as she comes out. Can't wait to see pictures!

I'm going to granny-sit this weekend with Miss Juanita. I'm taking some handsewing and hemming work to do while I visit with her. I haven't seen her since before I went to Nic, so we have a lot to catch up on. :)

Not much more to report on for now. I feel good about getting some 'not so fun' chores done lately. There's still a lot more to do and more decisions to be made by the end of the year, but it's going fine.

I'm so thankful for each day that the Lord allows me to walk beside Him. I'm especially thankful that He is so patient and long-suffering and forgiving. He is my everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment