Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday, September 24, 2010

It's Friday night and I'm happily relaxing with my laptop and internet, kid-sitting for the Caubbles and watching the dogs wrestle. I slaved away ordering pizza delivery for the boys' dinner. Tough job. ha So far everyone has gotten dropped off and picked up as scheduled. And I've been able to run back and forth to my home to take care of the pets and get my shower. It's working out well.

The timing of kid-sitting has been good this week. Since my work schedule is usally flexible, I've been able to run errands and also get work done at the church, at home, help in the Food Pantry 2 days this week and drop in at the Medical Clinic.

Today, I picked up 4 of the Janes kids and they helped me with cleaning up the remnants of my Local Missions stash in the Game Room at the old church building. I paid them off with limeades from Suzy Q drive-in restaurant. I dropped them off at home and ran over to the school to pick up Jonathon and a couple of buddies after ball practice.

I had lunch with Sherry Hulsey and she filled me in on some dates for teams going to Nic for next year. We have one team coming down over Thanksgiving and another the week after Christmas. I'll be going down around the middle of November and staying till New Year's. Then I'll go back in March and spend most of the spring and summer there. I'm ready for whatever, whenever. Hopefully, I'll get to go to Dubai to work with the Caubbles and Phillips' in either January or February. We'll see how God works it out. In the meantime, I'm working on all kinds of projects to be ready to go.

I've been busy getting things planned for FBCR Local Missions this fall/winter. Details are pretty much worked out, I just need to get more people on board to help run things while I'm in Nic. I'm coordinating volunteers to help get the Olive St church building cleaned out and staged better for the realtor to show it to potential buyers. It is a big job, but it will feel so good to have it in the best shape possible. And I like working with the different volunteers.

Time to run over to the house and take care of the critters. Then back to hang with the guys here at Caubble-land. Life is good. And God is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment