Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday, September 9, 2010

It's Thursday already. This week has gone by fast.

Deanna's great-granddaughter was born Friday. She looks so beautiful in the pictures! I know everyone is so excited. I'm glad that Deanna got to hold her before having to leave.

Speaking of which, Deanna left Sunday evening for Las Vegas to spend time with Elaine's family and take care of Elaine while she recuperates from her surgery that is scheduled for next week. The cat and the dog and I all miss her a lot already.

I don't have very good internet access at the house right now, so I'm spending more time at the church during the day on the net. I can work offline from home in the evenings. So it works out okay. I've had classes/meetings every morning at the church anyway, so it's not too bad running over there.

Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, I got to granny-sit with Miss Juanita. She is so sweet. I really enjoy her. We have some funny conversations. The best time was watching America's Funniest Videos with her. She giggled at many of them.

I loved the worship time at Cuerpo Vivo church on Sunday. The music brought tears to my eyes. I love the congregation.

Monday, I took advantage of some Labor Day sales and a forgotten gift card that I found when cleaning up some papers. I had a blast. It was a beautiful day weather-wise and I took my time and just looked at stuff and enjoyed myself. I went back and forth taking care of Miss Juanita. It was a very good day.

I'm working on the details of the Neighborhood Block Party on Sept 18. It's enjoyable and not too stressful. I'm also working on the projects for November and December, so that I can have them planned and people in place to help. Since I will be gone the month of November, I wanted to make sure that I'm ahead of the game on the projects. It's going along well. There are some great volunteers that I get to work with.

I need to be spending more time in Spanish lessons, so I'll try to discipline my time a little better. The Tuesday morning Bible study taught in Spanish is really challenging me and I love it! I also love listening to Hispanic Praise music. I need to soak up all of it I can get.

The Youth from FBCR are planning a mission trip to Nicaragua over Spring Break next March. I can't wait for them to come down to Nic. They are going to have a blessed time. I enjoy working with Brian Sander (the Youth Pastor). And the kids who feel led to come will be a joy to work with. I don't know who God is calling yet, but if HE is calling them, then it will be awesome!

I am so lucky to have some very wise and devoted Christian friends and leaders. Pastor Jaime gave me some wise councel this week that I really needed to hear. He spoke so sweetly and truthfully and I know it was coming from the Holy Spirit.

I was blessed to attend the Women On Mission meeting this morning and fellowship and pray with some very godly women. They are so wonderful. I got to share about some of the local things going on in the next few months and also a teeny bit about Cuerpo Vivo church and Nic. We prayed over the Arkansas missions and different types of ministries. Always lovely to pray with these women!

Time to head towards home and take care of the livestock (cat and dog). So I'll sign off of the internet for today and go home to work and study the old fashioned way. ha

Thank You God for all You allow me to do. Thank You for allowing me to represent You to others. Thank You for Your patience and forgiveness with my feeble attempts to serve. Thank You for the love You put in my heart for others. Thank You for the support system You have put in place for me. Thank You for Hope and Peace and Comfort. I love YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment