Sunday, October 2, 2011

Thursday, Sept 29, 2011 NICARAGUA

Thursday was sooo busy. I borrowed my friend Donna's car again for a couple of errands and the day just kept getting busier. What a blessing to have wheels for the day! Before I left the house, I stripped the bed and got all the sheets and towels washed up. check that off the list...

I ran by the post office to check for mail in my new po box. no mail. ok. I also needed to mail out some more 'thank you' letters and the line was non-existent. I got waited on right away!

Then I headed over to Carolyn's to get my hair trimmed and thinned out for the trip to Nica. I sweat so much here that the less hair the better! It was good to see Carolyn and she blessed me with a free touchup! How great!

I ran by Hobby Lobby to get some Christmas ornaments for presents so that I could get the packages ready to mail. Deanna will send them for me the first part of December. I had a blast at Hobby Lobby. Since we are starting a sewing ministry here in Nica, I wanted some patterns for us to play around with. They just happened to have Simplicity patterns for $.99 each. (regular $12-15). What a find! I so enjoyed just looking through the pattern books. That's always a treat for me!

I stopped in at the house off and on during the day to switch laundry between washer and dryer. My neighbors must have thought I was crazy. But when I get the use of ‘wheels’ I take advantage of it! So many things to do !!

I met JP and Noemi at Schlotzkis for lunch. It was their first time and we enjoyed the food very much. It was nice to get some time to sit and visit. Then it was time for them to pick up Genesis from school and I headed over to Rogers High School to pick up a friend’s daughter. Rachel was fun to chat with and I think she and her mother may be coming to Nica on Spring Break. Yay!

I dropped off Rachel and then ran across town to pick up some meds and then stopped at Lifeway Christian store to use some coupons and gift cards. What a haul I made! The stuff (on sale) was around $60 and I only spent $6. Thank You Jesus!!!

I got a call from Oliver from Cuerpo Vivo Church and he and Jaime had a check for me to take to Nica for mission expenses. I ran back across town and had a lovely chat with them. I love those guys and their families so much! I miss them so when I’m gone to Nica, but I feel like we’re related since I’m speaking Spanish in both places! I dropped the check off at the bank and then back home to finish laundry and do some more chores. Deanna and I got to chat for just a few minutes before she took off to an ABF class party.

I took one last trip in the car to pick up Donna and return her car. I only had a couple of last minute things to purchase at Walmart (where she works) and I fought the urge to walk the aisles looking for clearance bargains. Donna gave me some much needed lens cleaner wipes in individual packets for Nica. Love it! Then I went home for the last time. I was tired but still wired and still moving things around in the suitcases and tubs and reweighing them. Ugh!

I went to bed for the last time in my cozy US bed. I slept fairly well, except for waking up and wondering how much my suitcases weigh. Haha

God has blessed me so much! I love Him so!!

No comments:

Post a Comment