Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tuesday, Oct 25, 2011 NICARAGUA

Another crazy busy day. The sun was shining all day long. Oh, how welcome that is!

I got up and headed out walking to Spanish class. Since the sun was so strong at 9:30, I put on plenty of sunscreen and a baseball cap. I love the walk there. I think it’s about a mile. Just right in the heat. I popped in to a little store just for computer ink cartridges on my way to price check. I beat Juan to class today and reviewed a little until he got there.

Our class was fast and furious. We are zipping through things as fast as possible so that these next 2 months will equal twice that long in a normal class. We get to review what I already know, add to it and learn all kinds of new stuff. We have a lot of fun. It is amazing how quickly the 2 hours goes by! I opted to walk back to the Mission House, even though it was noon. I thought I would save the taxi fare and get more exercise. I also wanted to see if that little store with sewing supplies was open. Turns out that it was closed for lunch (long lunch times here), but another store caught my interest. It had used clothing. (keep in mind these stores are actually the front of people’s homes.) Right behind the counter was their living room with the usual wood/cane rockers and a tv. I found 4 pairs of capris, 3 shirts and 3 skirts. So much for saving the taxi money! Ha The lady had yelled to the back of the house to bring a bolsita (small bag). Then after I made my final selections, she called for a bolsa grande (big bag). My Spanish is improving! Shopping is educational!

I got back to the Mission House about 1pm. Sherry and Manuel were in the pool and Mike was on the computer under the rancho. Alberto and Saturnino were fixing lunch (heating up pinto gallo, which is rice and beans). Manuel sat down on the step beside them and said he was hungry. They fixed him some, too. They really like him. I had some cold pasta left from last night and enjoyed it very much. Sherry just shakes her head about me eating cold food.

I visited with Sherry while she laid in the pool on a raft. I sat under the rancho with my legs sticking out in the sun. Since I wear my tennis shoes to walk to school, I need to let my feet get a little sun. Then I played with Manuel for 5 minutes. Then I gathered the 15 tote bags that I’m making for the ladies at Las Quimeras Bible study and sat under the rancho and pinned the last part of the projects together while chatting some more with Sherry. German arrived and took Manuel and Mike to get a big jug of water for the dispenser and to get sodas for Sherry and Manuel.

Manuel had told Mike and Sherry that he needed them to go on a date tonight so that I could come over and play. They told him that if he was very good that they would ask me. I said yes, so plans were made for German to pick me up on their way to someone’s house tonight and drop me off at the Hulsey’s. By the time German actually got here it was about 7pm and I was starving and Manuel was trying to wait patiently for me.

While I was waiting for German, Oscar came by to look at my video camera and tell me how it works and such. And to talk about the things that we want for him to video for VOH. We chatted a little while and then he left for church. It’s always nice to spend time with him. He has such a sweet spirit about him. He said that Axel was feeling better now and that he gets to go by and take Axel to school every morning now.

Manuel and I had some good food for dinner and then we played different pretend games for a while. Then he got tired and took his shower. He and Buster the dog laid down and I took turns with Manuel reading out of his story book. He was so very tired. He kept apologizing for being tired. Bless his heart. Buster went right to sleep. I remembered to tell Sherry that Buster was in the bed so that she could take him outside for a potty break. Manuel and I took turns praying. He let me go first just like a little gentleman.

After he went to bed, I got my computer out and could get on their neighbor’s wireless internet. That must cost a bundle. God bless that neighbor! I was able to download 4 days worth of blogs, notes and questions for this week’s Chronological Bible study, paypal some money for myself to spend down here and check facebook. It was kind of nice to have fast internet. It wasn’t long before Mike and Sherry got back and Mike brought me home.

I only had about an hour before I need to be in bed to get my rest. I had the option of reviewing notes for tomorrow’s Women’s Bible study at Las Quimeras, finishing sewing the bags, doing Spanish homework or writing my blog post. I opted for the blog post, since I probably wouldn’t write much about today if I wait until tomorrow night. Also, my brain is tired. I’ll review Bible study notes during my quiet time in the morning and review Spanish stuff right before class. Sewing will have to wait until tomorrow after class. But I should be ready for it all. With God’s help anyway. After Bible study tomorrow afternoon, we’ll head back here for a surprise birthday dinner for German’s wife Joanna. Sherry is cooking and it will be yummy! (Joanna’s birthday was last Sunday, and German had mentioned it to Mike, but being men, they didn’t think it important to tell me and Sherry. We just found out today, therefore, the party tomorrow. Men. Huh.)

This week is crazy busy and things will slow down just a little bit next week. But I love everything that I get to do. I just have to manage my time well. And get plenty of rest. Mary gets here next week, so it will be different than this past month. It will be fun.

Time for bed. Another blessed day in Nica. I’m thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment