Saturday, October 29, 2011

Friday, October 28, 2011 NICARAGUA

Another great day! Since I didn’t have Spanish class today, I got to sleep until 8am. It was wonderful! I got up and started doing some Bible study. I also threw a load of clothes and some new fabric in the wash since I was going to be home for most of the day.

The Hulsey’s came about 10:30 and Manuel and I had our play time together. Then I worked more on getting my notes ready for today’s Women’s Bible study at Rose of Sharon CC church.

When Sherry was through interviewing the new cook (who will just cook lunch for us and our workers when we don’t have teams), she was ready to give me a haircut. I like it. Good and short. I know it makes me stick out even more here, but it’s very functional and I don’t have to look at it. Ha!

I grabbed a quick shower and dressed and we all headed off to Callejon for lunch. Since I had churrasco yesterday at Al Carbón, I opted for chicken cordon blue and it was very good. The server remembers that I love veggies. She is very sweet. It was crowded at the restaurant, so the Hulsey’s sat at one table and Leslie joined me at another.

After lunch, we returned to the Mission House and Mike worked some more with German and Manuel swam a little bit more. There were some guys here who go to the ROSCC church and work at ‘landscaping’ (which here means to clear brush and mow – with a real lawn mower – and clean out neglected plants and such). They are getting the place descent for our first team at the new place. Anyway, the guys had a 5 year old and a 10 year old with them. We invited the kids to swim and Sherry promised to watch over the little one. They had a blast swimming and diving and doing flips with Manuel.

Leslie and I left for the Women’s Bible study. Her husband Jorge drives us on Fridays. There were just 5 women when we got there and I was afraid that we scared them off from last week, but soon the rest arrived and we had 29 (1 more than last week). We discussed Eve’s temptation and the Fall of Man today. The ladies were very attentive and participated in the discussion. They were very thankful for us to be coming and gave us hugs. It’s so wonderful to see how giving just a little bit of time to share insights (from John MacArthur, not mine) can make such a difference in their lives. We take the opportunities to hear and study the Bible for granted in the States. I pray that we all return to the state of hunger for the Word that these ladies have.

I got back home and fixed a baked potato and a tomato and lettuce sandwich. Yummy. Some Chips Ahoy cookies and an apple rounded out my even sustenance.

I have custody of the internet cable tonight, but there was a storm that came through and was making the electricity waver quite a bit. I chose to get off the net and just write my blog and read some commentary on my Chronological Bible study that I have saved on the computer.

I’m pretty tired tonight, so I’ll go on to bed while the storm is still hanging around and maybe it will be gone in the morning and I can catch up more on cyber stuff early. Then I plan to sew A LOT tomorrow. A little more laundry and perhaps a nap will be in my future. We’ll see. Sherry and Manuel are coming over for a swim, weather permitting, so it will be nice to have company, too. I’m ready for a quiet weekend.

I have tons of Spanish homework to memorize and always the Bible studies to prepare for. I never run out of things to do.

I’m so thankful for all that God has blessed me with. He is so gracious and generous. I hope He finds me to be thankful and honoring to Him. He deserves so much more than I can give, but I will give my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment