Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Friday, Oct 21, 2011 NICARAGUA

Awesome day! I got up this morning and the rain was nowhere to be found. I walked down to my favorite Libreria and bought notebooks and pens for the women at Las Quimeras church. I got me a couple more notebooks, so that I can keep my studies separate, women’s groups separate, etc. I also picked up some masking tape, craft paint and brushes and a small set of dominoes. This little store has a little bit of everything. I got back to the Mission House and grabbed a shower. I was just fixing my oatmeal when Mike and Manuel came over.

Manuel and I had our special time together. I included me eating breakfast as part of our otherwise pretend time. It was nice of him to allow me to do that. We did the usual stuff and there were funny things that he said, but I can’t remember them at this moment. Just know that it is never dull with that little guy.

Sherry arrived and Leslie got here to talk with the workers. Sherry had made out a list for German to give to Alberto, but took it with him when he picked up the motorcycle. So Sherry made out another list. Always some hitch to the plans… and you just go with it and don’t even get frustrated most of the time. German is always on the go and so busy. I don’t know how that guy does it all.

The Hulsey’s took Leslie and I to lunch with them and we ate at Callejon for the third day in a row. Everyone loves it. I had my usually churrasco, beans and veggies. I am still stuffed! Then we stopped at La Unión for a few groceries.

Leslie and I returned to the Mission House to get ready for the Women’s Bible Study at Rose of Sharon CC church this afternoon. We had a couple of hours to kill. She had brought some laundry that she had finally gotten the chance to wash yesterday morning when there was no rain. But she didn’t get to hang it to dry because the rain came in the afternoon. We had talked her into bringing it to our place to use the dryer (and washer if she wanted). So she brought 2 loads to dry. While that was going on, we chatted a little bit and she also listened to me read some stories from my Spanish lesson book. She gave me some insight on some phrasing. I like getting help from everywhere I can.

At 3:30, her husband Jorge, came to get us in his taxi. He took us to Rose of Sharon CC church and waited while we had the Bible study. He then brought us back by the Mission House so I could drop off my Bible study materials and Leslie could get her clothes. Then we dropped Leslie off at home and Jorge took me to the Hulsey’s for my date with Manuel while the Hulsey’s had a date of their own. When Jorge dropped me off, Mike and Sherry got in the taxi. Then when Jorge brought them back home, I jumped in for my return trip to the Mission House. Jorge made good money off of us today! And we are so glad to give it to him.

Speaking of the Women’s Bible Study at Rose of Sharon CC church, it was wonderful! It was the first time for us to meet and there were 28 women there. The church is very mission minded and does feedings during the week and also provides the food and serves the meals at Las Quimeras church. They are very busy reaching out to people. They have 5 ladies who are their Women’s Leadership team. I am so excited to work with them!

We had a good introduction of this study and some participation. I know that I will learn a lot from some of these very godly women. I told them that I was collecting money from my friends in the US to buy some new Bibles for the women. They were very appreciative. Then they clapped very loud when we told them that the Bibles will be in large print. Another round of applause came when I told them that Sherry is planning on making cake for them one of these weeks. Few women here know how to make a cake, even if they have a stove and oven. It will be quite the treat.

I have a lot of study and review to do before next week’s Women’s classes. I’m also going to sew 15-20 tote bags for the ladies at the Las Quimeras church. Their Bibles will be delivered to me tomorrow afternoon. I have their notebooks and pens and a bookmark with the traits of the Virtuous Women from the Bible printed on it in Spanish. I can’t wait to give these to them next Wednesday. It will take me a few weeks to get enough money collected for the Bibles and notebooks for the ROSCC church ladies, and those same few weeks to sew the tote bags. I’m going to be a very busy woman! But I want to get them done before I start taking my Spanish classes in the mornings. Then my time will be very limited.

I’m planning on sewing most of tomorrow and Sunday after church. If it’s not raining on Monday morning, I need to run some errands, but will try to sew the rest of the afternoon until the VOH Bible study time. I should be done with the bags for Las Quimeras by then. I’m looking forward to staying home tomorrow, even if I wasn’t planning on sewing. Lots of running around goes on in my week. I love it all, but it sure makes the time go by very fast!

I told Leslie this evening after the Women’s Bible study that I feel so blessed with what God allows me to do here, that I almost feel guilty. She said I shouldn’t feel guilty because I work very hard. But it is such a pleasure to spend my time doing these wonderful things. I can’t imagine being anywhere else.

Tomorrow there will be a Youth event here at the Mission House, hosted by the visiting mission team and the church they are working with. It’s from 9am-3pm. I’m not sure what all they will be doing, but it will be fun to have happy voices around using this blessing of a facility. I think Alberto is looking forward to having some excitement around here, too.

Saturnino is working on the shelves for the storage room (previous hotel office). He has to wait for more wood. The pieces that they brought a week ago were just part of the order. The rest couldn’t come to León until the rains stopped. We’re hoping that since it didn’t rain until late afternoon yesterday and not until this evening, that the wood made it to town by today and will get here on Monday.

Tonight, Manuel and I had dinner (Sherry made tuna casserole and green beans for us) and then played a while. We had planned on watching a movie, but he chose to play instead. His little dog Buster is so funny. He is a miniature Doberman and is only about as big as my foot right now and he’s about 3 months old. He thinks he is really ferocious. Manuel decided he wanted to trade rooms with his mom and dad and got mad at me when I wouldn’t help him move all their stuff to his room and move him into theirs while they were on their date. He got frustrated with me and called his dad to report that I was not being cooperative. Of course Dad had something to say about him wanting to trade rooms and that made Manuel even more frustrated. So I let him move a couple of hats and a book in there and told him he could fall asleep in there, but we couldn’t move anything else. He decided to take a shower in their bathroom instead of his and put his dirty clothes in their clothes hamper instead of his. Then he brought his phone charger in to their room and unplugged some of their stuff. He’s funny. Overall, we had a good night, though.

I got home a little before 9 and am ready to read and go to sleep. Another great day and the end of a nice week. God has been very good to me and I am so content. Bless His Name!!

No comments:

Post a Comment