Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Saturday, Oct 15, 2011 NICARAGUA

Saturday, October 15, 2011

I woke up so relaxed this morning. I really slept well. The rain must have been a lullaby for me. I had oatmeal for breakfast, got my shower, did a little Bible study and hoped the rain would hold off so that I can get some laundry done.

I have many things on my to-do list. Some have sort-of deadlines and other can be done anytime. There’s always plenty to do, even when you live in one room and have a relatively simple schedule. I want to watch the video & read the instruction manual for the sewing machine (so I can have someone bring more bobbins and such down). I want to watch the instruction video for the Proclaimers (the devices that have the Bible recorded in Spanish) that I brought down to give to the small groups as we start them. I want to sew up the cover for my kitchen stacking shelves, and a cover for my new body pillow, and a bedspread. I want to study more to prepare for the women’s Bible study class next week. I want to diligently study my Spanish lesson book. I want to prepare the discussion outline for the English Academy classes next week. I want to cut apart the pieces for the patterns that I brought down from the states. I want to sew up some samples of the bags and other things in my plans. I have plenty of books to read on my Kindle. Sherry loaned me some Disney dvds to watch when I need a media fix. Social engagements with friends are always on my mind. And there is always time to be spent in my comfy rocker.

There is a birthday party hosted by a church that is going to happen here this afternoon. Some of the youth are here early to decorate. They are blowing up balloons and tieing them together in bunches and hanging them from the frame of the rancho (thatched roof living area). The rain and wind keep whipping up for a short time and then calming down and then whipping up again. The youth are doing a good job of holding on to everything. I hope it clears up and stays that way for the rest of the afternoon so that their party will be fun. Alberto’s son will be here, for this is his church. Maybe I will get to see his grandsons, who visited me last week.

I’m trying to get at least one load of laundry washed and dried today. The washer and dryer are outside a building, but under an awning. My main challenge is walking to them in the slippery mud and grass with all the rain. But it will be fine. I love to hang my clothes on the line to dry, but today’s weather is just too wet. We had our dryer fixed last week. It just keeps chugging along.

There was a small snake on the walk this morning. I called Alberto and Saturnino over to kill it. Alberto was amazed that I was afraid of snakes. I said this is truly the Garden of Eden now, we have our own snake. We also have some frogs. German said we can have a zoo and can charge people to come and see the animals. Haha. He’s always trying to find ways to support the ministry!!

Manuel called me this morning and asked me to send text messages to his imaginary friends. He said he slept well and was going to try to have a very good day. I told him I would pray for him to have a good day. He has some challenges that cause him to have emotional swings and other issues. He is a sweet boy and growing up is hard enough for anyone. I love spending time with him. He has such an imagination and such a heart to share Jesus with people. It’s a blessing to watch him grow up. I think he will get to stay here at the Mission House with me overnight some. That will be interesting. He will have a blast swimming. I hope the weather permits it! I know we will have lots of meetings!!

Better check on my laundry while the rain has taken a small break.

No comments:

Post a Comment