Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tuesday was a good day. I got to help with the Ladies' Bible Study Ministry Day. I stayed back at the church and helped clean the kitchen and get the lunch ready for the other workers. Some of the ladies went to Saving Grace, Northside Elementary School, Samaritan Community Thrift Store, and Resurrection Village. Then everyone met back at the Olive street church building for lunch, a speaker and reports from the work teams.

I was happy to join Edie in a quick ride back to Resurrection Village in the early afternoon to see the final results of the room re-do. It looked so nice and the word everyone kept using was 'calm'. I'm excited to know that some woman with her child(ren) will get to call that room home for as long as necessary to rebuild their lives after leaving an abusive home. I pray that they will know the love of Christ and His strength in living a peaceful and loving 'rest of their lives'. Natalie, from Resurrection Village spoke to the ladies at the lunch and it was very interesting, funny and heart wrenching to hear her story about how her family started the ministry. I know that FBCR groups will be refurbishing more rooms in the future.

I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening at home, finishing up chores to prep for leaving on Friday. Britnee brought Allie over to visit Deanna. I hadn't seen Allie for months and she sure has grown! She was fun.

Today, I had intentions to walk early, do laundry, set out in the sun a little bit and then have dinner with Nana Ruth. I didn't feel real great when I woke up, so I skipped my walk (which makes me sad). I did get some laundry done and then had lunch with Janalyn at Maria's Mexican Restaurant. I got home and did more laundry, met with the Hulsey's (who came by to pick up a printer and sewing machine that I had bought for Nica), took a nap and then had dinner with Nana Ruth as planned. Pretty good day.

My pharmacy delivered 4 months of meds for me to take to Nica. It cost me $470, but I won't have any payments through the rest of the year. I'm getting another prescription filled tomorrow for the beginning of a sinus infection. I have tons of vitamins and supplements to last me the next 3 months. My backpack will look like a drug dealer on the plane! Until they see that nothing is dangerous, unless you want to overdose on vitamin C. :)

Tomorrow is my last full day in Rogers, so I've got a list of 'last day' chores to do... washing sheets and towels, cleaning the bathroom, etc. I try to leave my room ready for any guests that Deanna might have while I'm gone. I put my stuff in tubs and stack them around the room. Sounds like what my life will be like from now on. But I like the idea of living 'mobile'.

I was blessed yesterday to talk with my friend Carol from NYC. She is a composer and played for me the latest hymn that she has written. She is very talented.

I also got to talk to my friend Mary Lu, who is going into fulltime missions. We have not met in person, but correspond on the phone, via facebook and email. It's always nice to talk with her.

I can tell that people are praying for me as I prepare to head out, because I'm not feeling as anxious and stressed. I can't wait to get to Nica and get busy with all our new ministries. I usually get anxious that I'm forgetting to take something with me. It's just difficult to get things down there, and I want to take full advantage of what I need to take. But God knows what I really NEED, so I'll leave it to Him to guide me in that and not to be worrying about such things.

Time to head to bed for today. I"m so thankful for this life that God has allowed me to live. He is so good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment