Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday, Sept 2, 2011

Friday night and I'm enjoying relaxing at home.

Monday I went to what might be my last staff meeting at FBCR. Not everyone has to go to the weekly meetings and I'll be in Nica the rest of the year (Oct-Dec), so I won't have to go to the monthly meetings either.

After the meeting, I hung out at the Pleasant Grove church for my ride at 5pm. I got on the internet and looked up some Nicaraguan recipes. How fun to read about quesillos and how they originated in Nagarote and La Paz Centro, both towns that I have visited. There were recipes for gallo pinto, tacatamales and other things. Maybe I'll try a few of them.

Tuesday was the start up of the FBCR Ladies Bible Studies. We're continuing the Chronological Bible Study. I'll only be here for the first 5 classes, but I'll continue in Nica. I will certainly miss the lecture time with Lisa and the small group discussion times. I love this study and I look forward to starting over again Jan 1 to see what new things that God will reveal in His Word! After class, I went to lunch with Donna Undernehr and Cindy Blanchard. We went to Acambarro in Lowell. I had a yummy beef fajita salad. The company was great, too.

Since I didn't get to walk Tuesday morning (Bible Study starts early) and the weather was cooler in the late afternoon, I went for my walk about 6pm. It was very nice.

Wednesday and Thursday I worked from home. Always work on the computer, but some sorting and organizing and packing stuff for leaving for Nica. Sometimes it is overwhelming. I'm determined to get rid of more 'stuff' so that I don't have to deal with it.

Today, I went for my walk early and then got ready for the day. Noemi picked me up and took me to the Olive Street church to help with the Friday Community Meals. We only had about 60 people today. Perhaps the others were out of town or eating somewhere else since it's a holiday weekend. The usual gang was there and they are so appreciative of the meals and the fellowship. They like the food and that makes us feel good. We took the left overs to some shut-ins and also to Souls Harbor and Hannah House, places that minister to homeless persons. It always makes us feel good to share with people. It's a blessing to serve God in this way.

After working at the meals today, I went over to Nana Ruth's apartment and visited for awhile. Then we went to eat an early dinner at Red Lobster. I had the Crab Bake. It was yummy! 1 lb of crab legs (I'm not very agile at cracking them), grilled shrimp, grilled scallops, roasted red potatoes and corn on the cob. It was so good and I enjoyed every bite!

Nana Ruth was sweet enough to take me to Walmart so I could grab some groceries. Then I got home and relaxed with Deanna in the living room. The TV is on, but I'm on the computer and she is reading. Jet is laying at our feet. A usual enjoyable evening here.

I've had an emotional week. Up and down for the last couple of days. Going back and forth from the states to Nica is hard on me emotionally (and sometimes spiritually). I know the enemy is busy attacking when we are weak. He cannot steal my soul, but he can mess with my joy. But my God is bigger than him and I cling to God and His promise to always be with me and lead me through low times as well as high times. As the time gets closer to leave for Nica again, I will get more and more emotions flowing through. I'm glad that God is with me through every thought and feeling. I love Him and only want to live for Him. He is my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment