Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday, September 26, 2011

A beautiful, crisp, sunny fall morning.
I got the chance to take a long walk for the first time in almost a week. I'm missing my daily walks!

Friday morning I woke up at 3am feeling very sick. I was pretty bad all day and had to cancel all my activities, much to my disappointment. I think it was effects of painting with strong primer in a closed up room on Thursday. I was sick on Saturday, also, and didn't get to go back and finish painting. I love to paint, so I was very disappointed. It has taken me until now to feel almost normal again. Note to self - ALWAYS ventilate!

While hanging out at the house while sick, I did get some more packing done, some mending/alterations done on some clothing for Nica, some Bible study, Spanish study and reading done. I still have a lot of things on my to-do list before I leave, but it was nice to catch up a little.

I was so blessed at worship with Cuerpo Vivo church yesterday. Many times I shed tears of reverence and thanksgiving for my Lord. I love being a part of that church family. It brings me back face-to-face with God, with no distractions. Pure love and worship. It makes me yearn to be in the church services in Nica. This Sunday I will be...

Yesterday afternoon was the informational meeting for the Nica Spring Break trip for FBCR. A whole new crop of Youth and families are interested in coming next year. It's so fun to get to know new people when you are serving together. I'm looking forward to bonding with this team as we prepare for the trip.

Donna Undernehr and her daughter, Celina, picked me up for the meeting. Donna and I sat together for church and then went to dinner while Celina was in a late Bible Study. I always enjoy time with Donna. She is such a special friend. I feel so totally at ease with her. I'm thankful for the blessing of her.

It was nice to get hugs from some special people last night at FBCR. God has blessed me with many wonderful people in my life. It's like a giant garden of different kinds of plants and flowers. Each unique and lovely in their own way. I hope they find me to be a lovely plant in their life gardens, too, and not a weed!

In the worship service yesterday at Cuerpo Vivo, besides the wonderful praise music, we had 5 baptisms, prayed over the men of our chruch, heard a wonderful sermon message and then I was blessed to have them all pray for me to send me out to Nicaragua. I love the support of love and prayers from this special church family. I carry them in my heart.

I'm trying not to get anxious over the things I still need to accomplish this week. It will be time to go so soon. I'm very ready to be there. It takes some time to get my heart and mind in place for living there. I need to shed the 'spoiled North American' character that envelopes me when I'm here and get ready to live simply, somewhat uncomfortably, and truly trusting in the Lord for everything. I love it!

Better get off of here for now and get busy. Lots to do today and this week. My friend JP is helping me to set up a webpage for me, so that I can share this journal/blog as well as links, pictures, interviews, musings, etc from Nica. Hope I can handle the technical aspects of everything! I'm looking forward to being able to share even more of what God is doing in my life. He is so faithful and gracious! I can't honor Him enough. But I'll give it my best!!! For HE is worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment