Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday, Sept 20, 2011

Time is marching on...

Saturday I was blessed to have lunch with Nana Ruth at Red Lobster and then to spend the rest of the day at home working and staying cozy and warm and out of the rainy day. I did stop by and get a flu shot on the way home. I got to grab a little nap. It was nice to feel some fall-like weather, since I miss that when I'm in Nica. I even wore socks for two days last week! haha

Sunday morning I went to FBCR so that I could speak with 2 Adult Bible Fellowship classes about coming to Nica next summer. It was nice to see friends and get lots of hugs. I usually go to Cuerpo Vivo church on Sundays, and I missed being with them. Ricky and Iris took me to lunch. It was a fun time together.

Monday morning I went for my second hearing test and consult with Dr Black. My hearing hasn't changed at all, which is good (if it's not going to get better, at least it's not getting worse). They still don't know what has caused it, so they can't determine if there is anything to fix it. I will go back in 1 year for another test. Otherwise, I just live with it. I'm sometimes used to it. I pray that God allows me to hear well enough to continue learning Spanish and to lead Bible Studies with Oral Learners. I know He will since He has given me such deep desires to be involved with these ministries. It's all in His hands.

Today was Ladies' Bible Study. This week we will be finishing the Old Testament in the Chronological study. It was the last class time that I will be in until the new year. Next week will be our ministry day, where we go out and serve in the community. Lisa asked for everyone to pray for me since I will be leaving for Nica next week. I sure appreciate the prayers! We had a great discussion in our small group today. I will miss being with these ladies every Tuesday. I will continue the daily reading and journaling. And I'll receive by email the weekly questions. I hope to feel a little connected to the group while I'm gone. I sure love the study! And I can't wait to start over again in January to see how much deeper God takes me in the Word each time I read it.

The semi-annual FBCR Team Celebration for all workers was held today. We had lunch from Olive Garden and the room was decorated really pretty. Avis and the ladies did a great job. Bro Wes talked to the group, we celebrated birthdays, gave out door prizes and enjoyed each other's company. It's my last Team Celebration, but I didn't feel too sad. I enjoyed the time.

I was home for about an hour and then went to babysit for little John Riley. He's 2 now and I hadn't sat with him for about 4 or 5 months. He's growing up. He was busy and fun to play with. He is such a happy little boy.

Deanna lent me her van to run to Walmart. I picked up most of the remaining stuff I need for Nica. Someone gave me a nice love offering this morning and I put it to good use. Now just to fit everything in to my suitcase! I got lots of sandwich makings and healthy stuff to last me most of the next week or so.

I have some work to handle tomorrow and then I'll join Deanna and visit a friend in the afternoon. After prayer meeting tomorrow night, I have a meeting about missions to go to. It will be interesting.

Time for bed now. I will sleep better tonight since I don't have to be anywhere early. I always sleep fitfully when I have to get up early. I guess I'm afraid I won't wake up on time or something. Anyway, I will go for a good early morning walk if it's not rainy. I missed my walk today, but I think I got a good workout by chasing John Riley around. :) Sweet dreams for me. Resting in God's arms tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment