Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wednesday, Sept 7, 2011

It's September now and the weather this week has been a little cooler. I love fall and will miss it while I'm in Nica. The crispness of the air in the mornings when I take my walks reminds me of being in NYC. I loved living there and being outside so much coming and going everywhere. My friend Jenny sent me a facebook message this week saying that NYC told her it was missing me. I would love to go visit sometime! I have very fond memories of my time there.

This past week I've had days of not feeling very good. Nothing too bad, just not good. Deanna always fusses at me for going and going full speed until I drop. I need to listen more to God when he tells me to slow down and follow His pace. I need to allow Him to be the Boss of every part of my life. So much easier to say than to do. I do trust Him. I just don't listen very well.

I had a quiet holiday weekend. A lot of resting and trying to feel better. On Monday, I borrowed Deanna's van and ran to Lifeway Christian Store to grab some weekend specials. I got quite a few items for Nica. Then I went next door to Famous Footwear so I could use my 1/2 off rain check and $10 off coupon on a pair of walking shoes. I had a 20% off coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond. I love to just walk around there and look at stuff, even though I wouldn't buy any of it. It's interesting to see all the gadgets and luxury items. I did get some clearance pillow cases, travel sound machine and iPod speaker case for Nica. I love how God puts things for me on clearance!!

I stopped in at Walgreens to get 4 items that were advertised in Sunday's paper (just the day before). They didn't have 2 of them in stock and one of the items that said $2 savings - you pay .99, was actually you pay $2.99 and get a $2 coupon. I just told the clerk (nicely) that I didn't want anything and wouldn't come back since it's always this way when I go for the advertised items and they run out before 24 hours of beginning of the sale. It would be different if I didn't have to arrange a ride or borrow a car. It's just not worth the hassle.

Tuesday's Bible Study was good. Kellie and I had lunch and then went to the Olive Street church to pick up mail and other items. I looked for some Bible Studies that might be applicable for Nica, but everything stored there is in VHS. I came home and worked a little bit and then worked up a sweat trying to pack 2 suitcases for the Hulsey's to take to Nica in Oct. The majority of space was taken up by the sewing machine and supplies and the printer and books.

I was blessed to have dinner with the Hulsey's (including Katie). It was good to see my little buddy, Manuel. We enjoyed Olive Garden. I had the whole wheat pasta and it was pretty good. I was excited to talk about Nica and it made me anxious to get back down there.

I went for a good morning walk today. It was 49 degrees, so I wore a hoody and broke in my new walking shoes. They were great! I love to walk. I got back and did my Bible study for today and then got busy working on stuff. I found myself not feeling up to snuff about noon and took a nap. Later this afternoon I realized that I had not taken my bloodpressure medicine this morning. I felt so much better after taking it. Duh! I really need to pay more attention to meds, food, exercise and rest.

I'm ready to hit the bed for today. I'm thankful for all that God allows me to experience. Even through the hard times, I love feeling His closeness. Tomorrow is another chance to follow Him and see what He has planned for me. awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment