Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday, September 11, 2011

A special day of remembrance for America. A day when our hearts go out to others. A day of unspeakable pain for some. A day to be humbled by the heroic acts of others. A day to admit that we live in a fallen world. A day to realize that bigger than anything is our God. I'm so thankful to know my Savior and Lord and to trust that He will be there when I go through everything in my life. What a promise.

It's been a difficult few days for me this week. I found myself very emotional over some things. A real time of re-evaluating my perspective of the call that God has made on my life. A time digging deep and finding God already there with plans for me and purpose for every emotion. He used painful moments of feeling 'alone' in this world, along with amazing verses from His Word (at the perfect time assigned for the Bible Study I'm enjoying), and super sermons, both on the internet and in person at Cuerpo Vivo church.

Even during hard times, God is still my God. He's my All. It was a lovely day of worship and praise at Cuerpo Vivo church this morning. I thank Him for allowing me to understand the message more and more every week as I slowly learn the language. I'm still at the stage of learning that means that I focus on each and every word and don't take any of them for granted. Each word is powerful to me. It's my favorite way to worship - in Spanish.

I'll be leaving for Nicaragua in a few weeks. I can't wait to get back there. There is so much ministry to do. It will be awesome to see the people I have come to love.

Going back and forth for a few months at a time in each place (US and Nica) can be hard emotionally. I love being with my friends and church family here, but switching between cultures can be difficult. There is so much need in Nica and so much waste here. The focus for the people we work with and minister to in Nica is basic survival, here it is often wanting more and more. I feel caught between the two sometimes. I don't have much in the way of material possessions, but still find myself wanting to give away most of what I have. Many things and concerns seems superficial. I feel very convicted to cleanse my life of unnecessary things and to focus on what's truly important. I need to spend more time focusing on how to share the Gospel and be aware of those that God brings into my life each day.

I am so blessed by some of the wonderful people that God has put into my life. I got to spend part of today with one special family. JP, Noemi, Genesis and Mark Treviño took me to lunch today. I was wanting to treat them today and was excited to do so, but they would not hear of me paying. They really take good care of me and make me feel treasured and a part of their family. We had a yummy lunch at Juanita's (our favorite place now) and then Mark and I even stopped for ice cream on the way to take me home. (I skipped dinner tonight to make up for that lunch, but it was worth it!)

Deanna generously gives me a comfy and loving place to call home when I'm in Rogers. It is such a blessing to me! I have many friends who let me know that I am loved. I don't deserve these blessings, but God is faithful to fill my life with wonderful people.

I have some work to do this week as I make a transition in my ministry focus. After some emotional adjustment, I'm ready for an exciting view of my future. There will definitely be a lot more trusting God with all of my life. But it feels good to rest in His capable hands.

I love the Lord so much and want to serve and honor Him above all.

No comments:

Post a Comment