Monday, November 5, 2012

October 29, 2012

Monday morning started early with a fresh energy to get back to work. Sue Berner is here this week to work with us. It must seem like a slow time to her, but we have simple things that we keep up with weekly and there is stuff to do to get ready for the next team. It’s also a good time to rest before the 3 back-to-back weeks of teams start in a week.

When Pastor Bryan came, I gave him the items from the Women’s Conference that needed to be distributed to some of his ladies. I also gave him a pair of suspenders that were my Dad’s. Bryan likes to dress up and he often wears suspenders. I couldn’t think of a better person to pass that particular pair to. He was very appreciative and I took his picture and put it on my facebook page. I got a lot of comments on facebook about having a piece of my Dad walking around Nica.

I purchased my return ticket to AR for Dec 4. I had originally planned on going back the end of January, but my schedule changed and I got a one way ticket for December. I plan to drive to Indiana to have Christmas with my family (the first time in 22 years) and then drive back via Branson to attend the VOH board meeting on the 29th.

Most of the day was spent keying info into my computer for all the changes and additions to the Feeding Centers. That will be a long job covering many days.

I hemmed some pants for Manuel’s school uniform while I watched a video on my computer. I then read a few more chapters in a book I’m enjoying “Soul Detox”. I practiced guitar for a little while. I’ll be so glad when my fingers are ‘seasoned’ and don’t hurt so bad! I know it will take lots of practice. I’m anxious so see how much I have progressed by that time. Until then, I gotta keep practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment