Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 20, 2012

The team headed out for more fiestas, school visits, feeding center visits and radio spots. I took about 8 of the youth from the team to a Youth conference. The church is down at the end of our road, where it meets the highway, so we walked there and back.

We had about 15 people show up and we had a really good time. We started with a song in Spanish that the team knew in English, so they stood in front and taught hand motions. Then they did another song. It was neat to see their faces (North Americans and Nicas) as they realized that they could worship together even in different languages. It all came together through the motions (and the Holy Spirit, of course). We had a few funny games, that helped to break the ice a little. Testimonies were shared and then they all sat in a circle and told about themselves and asked questions of each other. There were some laughs and many tears. It was awesome!

I had taken some ‘door prizes’ and one special thing happened that made me very happy. I had brought 2 Bibles in Spanish, that had been donated by the last team. There was a young man at the conference who is deaf and mute, but he can read. He won one of the Bibles. I was soooo excited to share that with him! I also gave away some praise cds in English, which were a big hit with those who are learning English. It was wonderful and I am very grateful to Shannon on the previous team for obeying God’s call to bring those items and to donate them to the ministry!

We walked back to the team house and had lunch. Everyone went back out to do more fiestas. I downloaded pics from the conference and did some computer work. Then I went to the printer to get booklets made for the Pastors & Leaders Conference on Thursday. I had Lesly go with me to make sure I got them ordered correctly, since there were so many. I rode in the taxi (with Edwin) to take Lesly home and then we returned to the printer to get the booklets. We had to wait about an hour for them to finish, so I told Edwin I would pay his time for waiting with me. I sat in a chair by an open window (floor to ceiling) and had a pretty view of the street corner and the people. It had a great breeze, too! I was very happy to wait there. I also met a lady named Delmi, who works there. She speaks English and asked where I’m from. She I from here, but lived in Maryland for 17 years and has been back to Nica for 7 years. I use this printer a lot, so I’m looking forward to seeing her again.

I got back to the team house just after the team arrived. We all had dinner and then went to the first night of the Crusade.

There was some excitement at the Crusade. Our VOH praise band only played half of a set of music, since they had to share the spotlight with a band from another church. But I enjoyed them very much. I hope they will continue to practice here at the team house in the future, even when we don’t have a crusade coming up.

We had fun seeing people from some of the different churches that we had been visiting this week. I have to stay away from the front of the HUGE speakers, so I stayed over to the side of the crowd and watched with Jaasiel and Lesly and their sons. It was so much fun watching the boys (around 2 years old) dancing and playing. I took some videos and pics of them. They are precious!!

The team walked around the outskirts of the ball field, where the crusade was being held. They got the chance to witness to those standing around. There were some salvations from those encounters. Most of the people at the crusade were Christians coming to worship with us. It was a good night.

Everyone was hungry after the crusade, so all the buses went to On the Run for snacks or chicken. We finally made it home and everyone was fired up. The team had share time and I opted for retiring to my room to get some computer stuff done and get ready for the Women’s Conference for tomorrow.

It’s been a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment