Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 23, 2012

I was awakened at 3:15am by Alberto who was looking for the guys leaving for the airport. They were not up and ready yet. I didn’t know which room they were in, but it had to be one of the ‘guys’ rooms. I figured that I didn’t need to be poking my head in their rooms, so I told Alberto to go and knock and find them. I went back to sleep pretty easily, though.

The team got up and had breakfast and then left for Fun Day here around León. Jaime and Oliver and I had plans to run around town on our own. I wanted to share some of my favorite places and food with them. We didn’t leave the team house until after 11am. Mike had given me the key to the KIA, so we were on our own schedule. I had planned on using a taxi, but having our own wheels was great!

The city is resurfacing some of the streets, so we had to take a detour and that means a LOT of time sitting in traffic. We got to La Unión Supermarket and parked there. We could walk to everything from there. We walked about 6 blocks to the El Callejon restaurant and had a delicious lunch of Nica food! It was a good time of chatting, too. Then we walked back towards downtown and stopped to shop a little on the way. We stopped in at Eskimo for some ice cream, which was yummy. I introduced Jaime and Oliver to some of my favorite souvenir vendors. They got stuff for their families back home. We went to the ‘1,2,3 dollar store’ and we found some Toms shoes (knock-offs, I’m sure) for $16. They guys bought some for their women folk and I got a pair to be my official airport shoes. Now, no matter what time of year I travel back and forth, my feet will be warm or cool as needed. And they are slip-on and light weight. Best $16 I every spent! Ha

We made it back to the team house a little after 4pm. Mike has said that Danilo was coming to drive us to the church for the special service that Oliver and Jaime were invited to preach at. Danilo was supposed to arrive at 5:15. At 5:20, I called Danilo to see if he was on his way, since he is usually early. He was with Mike and the rest of the team at Suyapa restaurant at the beach. I called Mike back and said that Danilo was in fact with HIM. Haha German got on the phone and gave me driving directions to the church. No problem!

It was a great service. It was a church that the Women’s team from FBCR visited a few weeks ago. The congregation is small, but very worshipful. We had an awesome service. Then the church prayed over me and VOH and Jaime and Oliver. It was very sweet and humbling. We loved it.

We ran by Tip Top Chicken for one final meal together and talked a lot about how God was going to use them and their US church, Cuerpo Vivo, in the future. We also talked about what I would be doing this coming June and July with them while I’m in the states. I can’t wait to work with them again. I love Cuerpo Vivo.

We got back to the team house and most of the team was in their rooms trying to get a little sleep before leaving at 3am. I chatted with a few youth who were still up on facebook.

I went to bed and slept pretty well. I heard everyone up at 3am and then they were gone. I got up about 5:30 so that I could say goodbye to Jaime and Oliver as they left for their flight. I will be seeing them in just a couple of weeks back in AR, so it wasn’t hard to say goodbye for now. I am so happy that I got to have this time with them and show them my city and my friends.

I am truly blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment