Sunday, November 18, 2012

November 14, 2012

Up early and walked to the last English class. I left early enough to be able to take my time walking. I love seeing things that I miss when riding past or walking too focused on things. I love seeing the people day after day.

English class was a lot of fun. We talked about a lot of things. It amazes me what comes up in conversation. There is so much to learn (in any language!).

After class I grabbed a taxi and went to get a haircut. I found out that my stylist’s name is Yaconda, even though her business is named after someone named Sarai. ☺ It’s always fun seeing her and I always feel great after getting a haircut! I grabbed a taxi back home and got here just 15 minutes before the team got back for lunch. I took a quick shower to get rid of the hair and enjoyed lunch with everyone.

I called my sister to see how my niece (the new mama) and great-nephew are doing. They are doing well and I can’t wait to see him next month and kiss on him!

I did 4 loads of laundry to catch up. I feel guilty that I get to use our washing machines, when all of our workers wash their clothes by hand. I can’t image how hard it is to wring out the water from the jeans and sheets and stuff. Bless their hearts!!

The team went out for the afternoon and I worked on finishing up the church banners. Mike gave me his wish list for more banners and other worship stuff. I will be busy when I get back in January! But I love it!

The team decided to go to Tip Top Chicken for dinner, so Mary and I stayed back (we get Tip Top enough) and had leftovers and enjoyed some quiet time.

I updated blogs for part of the week. I took pics of the banners and posted them on facebook.

Maykellyn, one of the English students called to ask how to spell a word in English for her report, which she will present tomorrow in class. She is so bubbly! I just love her!

I practiced the guitar a while and then headed to bed. A nice long, but productive and fun day. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment