Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November 26, 2012

I got up early and folded the last load of towels and started the washing of the sheets. The workers got here (Saturnino, Aracelys, Juana, Erika, Lesly, Jaasiel, Jorge) and Bryan and his wife, Marcela came for Feeding Center stuff. Pastor Eddy came to say that his father (and Auxiliodoro’s brother) had passed away last night. He had been sick and in the hospital. I felt so bad for Eddy and Auxiliordoro.

German had a meeting with the workers and invited me and Charlie to sit in. Everyone got to work putting the team house back together to be ready for the next team in early January.

I worked on Feeding Center stuff and computer stuff. I had requested that Erika make arroz aguado for lunch and she did. We were all in heaven! I love Nica food and since I’m the only North American here, I’m enjoying eating with the rest of the workers!

Erika wanted to treat me to a paintjob on my toes. She made some pretty flowers on them, too. She loves doing this and gives full pedicures, so I’m going to bring back from the states some items for her to use. I will hire her to give me a pedicure once a month. It will be money well spent!

German came over to get some info from Charlie for one of the January teams and to say goodbye to Charlie. We chatted a little while. Then Charlie and I went to Al Carbón for dinner. Mike said he doesn’t like to eat there, but I’ve been there about 8 times and I have loved it each time. Everyone who has went with me has liked it very much, too, with the exception of Mary, who said it’s just okay. Charlie is looking forward to bringing his wife there when they come back here next time.

After we got home, Charlie and both were on our computers for a while. I usually would have been in my room by sundown, but I felt that I should spend some time with him since he would be leaving very early in the morning.

I did practice my guitar for a while and then hit the bed early to read.
It’s been a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment