Sunday, November 18, 2012

November 16, 2012

It’s Friday morning and a lovely day. I woke up early as usual, but I had the luxury of laying in bed reading.

The team left at 6:30am for Fun Day in Masaya and Granada. We were buzzing around here getting ready for the big team coming on Saturday night.

I downloaded some pics and videos form yesterday and did some other computer stuff since the internet came back up.

We had a full staff meeting regarding the schedule for next week. There are 42 people on the team. We will have 5 vehicles taking people in many different directions. (plus taxis for my group). There will be 77 people at each meal (we feed our staff, workers, translators, drivers, etc). The schedule is a busy one and everyone needs to know what’s going on. It will be like a huge square dance where groups go off in different directions and then all come back together off and on. It will be a high energy week.

Mike will head up the group going to schools and doing some fiestas. Mary and Charlie will each head up a group doing fiestas and street witnessing. I will take care of those doing conferences each morning and then we will assimilate into the other groups for afternoon. Everyone will go to the crusade on Tues, Wed and Thurs nights. It’s going to be fun!

After the meeting, Mary and I went with Jaasiel and Lesly to buy groceries for the first couple of days. With a team this large, we can’t hold all of the food for the whole week in our 2 fridges and 2 freezers and pantry. Jaasiel also went to the market by the terminal to buy the cheese for the feeding centers and to get the weekly meat for the feeding centers. We keep this in another freezer. We got back and everything was put away.

We got a treat and had pizza for lunch. I love the pizza here. I get veggies and love it.

After lunch, Mayela and I worked together on confirming my records to hers for the feeding centers so that I can move ahead with my year end reports for the sponsors. I was glad to get that part out of the way before we are both busy with the team next week. Needless to say, I spent many more hours on the computer files, but it felt good to get some large chunks of worked checked off of my list.

I had the chance to call Deanna and see how things are going with her. She said the temps have been cold in the nights and cool in the daytimes. I will have a shock when I got back in December, I’m sure! It was good to talk with her. I miss her and can’t wait to sit with her in the evenings watching wheel of fortune and HGTV!

In the afternoon, Mary, Mike, Charlie and I sat around at various times to chat while we were waiting for the team to return from Fun Day. They got back by 9pm and we had ordered pizza for them and it came not long after their return. They had a good day.

Buster had found a new friend in the bushes who turned out to be a skunk. Down here they call it ‘a fox that pees too much’. It was strong! I got some flashlights out of my room and we were crouching along looking for the little bugger. All at once Mike yelled there it is! And we all took off running. Buster didn’t smell too good, so Mike said that he had to have a sleep over here at the hotel. Mike didn’t want to take him home. Haha

I chatted a little more with the team and then I went to bed. Shannon gave me and Mary some items to enjoy, cds, magazines, etc. She is so sweet. I look forward to staying in touch with her. She has a heart for helping to support us in our work with the women down here. The whole team is eager to get the church to get involved with the feeding centers. They will be getting up early to leave at 3:30am. I know that they will be tired by the time they get home. But I think they are all very happy.

I was happy to get in my bed, knowing that I don’t have to do anything too structured tomorrow. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment