Sunday, November 18, 2012

November 15, 2012

Up early and anxious for English Class. Today the class is presenting their stories from the Bible. I can’t wait! The walk was fun and the morning was beautiful. I tried to take pics of things, but to tell the truth, I’m so used to seeing everything here that I don’t take as many pics as I should for sharing with the folks back in the states.

The presentations were wonderful and I took a pic, as well as a partial video of each student. I was very proud of them all! I downloaded them on facebook.

After I got back to the team house, Pacheco and Maykellyn came by to get the payment for her next month’s English class. A team member has pledged to pay for her schooling and has asked Mike to handle the transactions. It was nice to see Juan and Maykellyn again in the same day!

I worked on the computer files for the Feeding Center most of the afternoon. Then it was time to go to the Old Dump neighborhood for some worship time.

It was a great service. Pastor Bryan was dressed to the nines as usual. He has a tux that he got from somewhere and he wears it with a French cuffed shirt and cuff links. It’s so fun to see what he has on each time we see him. He started the worship time with his usual energy and charisma. Everyone loves him.

One of the team played the guitar and led some songs in Spanish. Everyone liked that. Two of the ladies gave testimonies. Shayne gave a message. A little guy from the neighborhood named Manuel read scripture and prayed. He was so adorable! Damon, from the team gave a message, but first taught everyone to ‘call the hogs’ (the cheer for the Arkansas Razorbacks sports teams). It was so funny. I caught it on video and downloaded it to my facebook page. There were 12 salvations and Pastor Bryan will be following up with them this next week. At the end of the time there, a heard of cattle came walking down the main dirt road and the team thought that was quite exciting. Lol

On the way back to the team house, we all stopped at the ballfield where next week’s crusade will take place. We made a line and held hands and walked across the field praying over it. It was dusk and getting hard to see, but there were some of the neighborhood people watching to see what we were doing. I can’t wait to see who all gives their lives to the Lord at the crusade.

Mike met with the team for a few minutes and then Mary, Charlie and I shared with them about the different parts of the ministry that we work in. 378 people were saved this week from the ministry that the team did. It was a wonderful week. They will be leaving very early in the morning for Fun Day.

I came to my room and read a little bit in the “Not a Fan” book and then went to bed. It felt good!

No comments:

Post a Comment