Sunday, November 11, 2012

November 6, 2012

Tuesday morning, and the team comes in late, late tonight. It’s going to be a busy day in many ways around here.

I walked to English Class again and the walk was a little easier than yesterday. I’m so out of shape and haven’t walked consistently for a long time. I need to get serious about it!

There were 6 people in class today. Dora, Maykellyn, Aarón from yesterday and then Bixmark, Arielka, and Meylin were new today. I think the new ones are from another class and they joined us to practice talking with me. It was good to get to know them and have them participate in class. What we are working on translating is the Bible Storying materials called “Creation to Christ”, which covers a few Bible stories to explain how God created the earth, mankind, the fall, the law of the Old Testament (10 Commandments), Jesus purpose for coming, Jesus’ sacrifice and how we can be forgiven and become followers of Jesus. The class is really enjoying this material, even though it is written in a way to relate to Oral Learners (no written language) in Africa. We changed phrasing to be relevant to the Nica culture. They enjoyed that part of it, too.

I was just filling in for Juan for 2 days while he had other commitments and couldn’t teach the class. The students want me to come back, so I’ll find out from Juan if he would mind if I continue. I’m sure he will say okay. I’m excited to spend more time with the class.

On my way walking home from English Class, I stopped by my favorite second hand clothing store and picked up some jean capris. The lady was missing me. She keeps up with when I’m in the country. It was nice to see her.

I then stopped at my favorite Librería where I get notebooks, pens, etc. I picked up some glue and some glitter paint to finish up the banners. Then I stopped at my favorite bazaar for some thread and more glue. It was fun to see those people again.

As I was walking and was almost home, I noticed a van pulled up next to me and stop. It was José, one of our drivers. He picked me up and drove me the rest of the way home.

After lunch, Estefanie came to work with me on notes for the Women’s Bible Study that will get started after the first of the year. We are going to hold the study once a week for women leaders from our church plants. Then those women will go and teach that lesson to the ladies in their churches. I’m excited about it multiplying like this and I’m anxious to get all of the materials and resources ready. I always love working with Estefanie!

I worked more on the Feeding Center files the rest of the afternoon. Mary went with Lesly to run errands for preparation for the team. She picked a few items from the grocery store for me. The most important was the chocolate bars!

I moved the banners to the Sewing Room so that I could lay them out to finish drying. They are turning out nicely. I hope that they hold up in the weather over time.

I practiced the guitar for awhile and then read more of “Not a Fan” and went to bed.

At 1:30am, the team arrived and I heard the light tapping on my door from Alberto, who was asking which rooms everyone was assigned to. They got settled in and we all went back to bed. It’s been a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment