Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November 13, 2012

Well, I didn’t get off walking to class early enough, and the team was leaving, so I bummed a ride with them to class. I surprised Juan’s aunt, who opens up the school first thing in the morning.

The class had grown to 10 people. Wilber and Arraro joined the rest of us. We had a great time of reading stories from the Chicken Soup for a Woman’s Soul book. We had lots of fun and lots of laughter. It’s a great class and I’m loving being with them!

One the way home from class, I stopped by the little librería and bought some receipt books for Lesly. She keeps forgetting to buy some and has borrowed all of my stash. I don’t have to use the homemade receipts much anymore, so it’s okay, but I was running out, too. I always like stopping in at the librería. I also stopped at a tiny little store and bought some minutes for my Nica phone. Then I walked the rest of the way home. Well, almost. At the very end of our street, I was picked up by Jorge, Lesly, and Jaasiel on their way back from a shopping trip. We saw a bright orange shirt at the other end of the street near our gate. We were too far away to see who it was (either Alberto or Saturnino), but we could sure see the shirt! Lol

I worked on computer files for awhile and then the team got back from Fiestas and street witnessing and a feeding center visit. We all had lunch and then different things.

The delivery of staples for the feeding centers (rice, beans, sugar, oil, salt, spaghetti, sauces, drink mix, etc) came and the team worked on dividing up the stuff for each of the feeding centers. They had a good time and I got some good pictures.

I downloaded a bunch of pictures and then also borrowed some pictures for my facebook page of my newest great-nephew, Bentley James Weismiller. He’s my fourth great-nephew (no girls – drat). I can’t wait to hold him next month when I get to Indiana for a visit!

We all had hamburgers for dinner and then the team left for church. I stayed back and did some research of Spanish Christian dvds for the Children’s Ministry to start here in January. I’m looking for anything that will help us put together some curriculum!!

I was very tired, so I got my shower and was in bed by 8:30pm reading. It felt good to lay down. I always read for a few hours before falling asleep (and when I wake up during the night). It’s a good time for me to chillout. Of course it makes reading during the daytime hard, since my body thinks reading means I’m supposed to get sleepy!

Anyway, it’s been a great day and I’m thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment