Sunday, November 11, 2012

November 9, 2012

It’s Friday and there are no English Classes today. I stayed at the team house and washed a load of clothes for me and some clothes for Dr. Driggers so he could have clean scrubs for tomorrow.

My sister had texted me to see if I was ok. I tried calling her on both her home and cell numbers, but couldn’t reach her. When I finally got through, she said that Mom had called and told her that there was an earthquake and wanted to know if I was ok. I hadn’t heard anything, which is not unusual for here. It turns out that the earthquake was in Guatemala and hid killed about 50 people. My sister said that she wasn’t worried for long because she had asked my niece to look on Facebook to check up on me. I had just posted that morning about the team and had not said anything about earthquakes, so Sandy knew that I was okay. That goes to show you, the first thing to check is facebook!

I spent about 8 hours on Feeding Center files and was quite pleased with myself for getting so much done.

I showed Mike the banners I had been working and he really liked them. We came up with more ideas.

Sherry and Manuel left Friday morning early for the states. Manuel will start some processes for ARKids insurance, disability, and some diagnostic tests at Children’s Hospital in Little Rock AR to see what can be done to help him cope with his brain damage and other issues. He’s only been gone a couple of hours and we miss him already!

Mike and I got the chance to talk about plans for my ministry duties in 2013. I’ll be teaching the Women’s Bible studies (and training women leaders in each church plant), teaching the Sewing classes (and putting together the co-op to try to market some of the items to help the ladies support their families), putting together the curriculum and training workers for Children’s ministry in each of our church plants, and starting a very basic Bible study to be taught in English for all of the students who want to practice English. I will be so busy, but sooooo happy! I have a lot to do to get ready for the first of the year. These last 2 months of 2012 are going to fly by!

Jaasiel and I had a nice talk about the future today. We don’t always get the chance to talk uninterrupted. I enjoyed it very much.

My deposit finally cleared my AR bank account, so I could take care of some personal business. Thank God for the internet! It sure makes living out of the country so much easier! I transferred some money to VOH to pay toward my utility cost for Oct/Nov/Dec. And I got my plane tickets for Nica for Jan-May2012. I got a good price!

I worked a little more on the last banner and then practiced guitar. I’m excited about the slow progress on the guitar. One of these days…. Oh, the other night, Katty had me play a song for her on the guitar. She is going to be my tutor when she is in León. I closed the door to my room so no one else would hear. She was thrilled with my little song and said that she is proud of. That made my heart sing!!!

Tomorrow will be the last day for the Dental team. They are going to work half a day at the Dump neighborhood and then come for lunch. Then have a little fun day time. I will miss them. They have been a good team to have around. So pleasant and easy. God has blessed us!

No comments:

Post a Comment