Monday, November 5, 2012

November 2, 2012

It’s Friday morning and Sue’s last day here. She’s been posting a lot on facebook and chatting with her hubby on her iPad. It’s great to have internet here!

I spent a lot of time on the computer working on the Feeding Center docs. I also took some videos of Manuel diving into the pool. I downloaded them to facebook.

I went to Amazon.com and downloaded some more books to my Kindle. I love that convenience!

I called Deanna in AR and Carol in NYC to see how everyone was doing. See, I’m trying to communicate more often! Haha

I set up a time to meet Estefanie in town tomorrow to run around with Mary and I.

I grabbed a quick nap and then we were off for an early dinner at Suyapa restaurant on the beach. Mike, Sherry, Manuel, Mary, Sue and I had a very lovely dinner. I gave Mary my potatoes because they were roasted (aka fried) and Sue gave me her veggies because she doesn’t like them. We were passing food all over our corner of the table. It was very good and we enjoyed the evening very much.

A group of girls were going to be spending the weekend at the team house for a retreat. When they got here, I realized that I had met the leaders about 2 years before at a church service at Todopoderoso church. At that time, they were visiting different churches to get a flavor of the city. They were starting out their journey to raise money to come to Nica to serve. I remember taking their picture and giving them $5 (not much, but it would prime the pump!). How awesome to ‘run into them’ 2 years later!

I said goodbye to Sue in case I didn’t wake up the next morning when she was going to leave at 3am. I then went to my room and practiced my guitar some more. It was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment