Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 22, 2012

I’m very excited! Today is the big Pastors & Leaders Conference. I can’t wait to see God at work. Jaime and Oliver had a very good presentation ready and our booklets are printed and ready. I love being a part of the conferences!

We arrived at the church via taxi. It was a nice medium sized building and fairly cool (80s again). Being in the shade makes a huge difference. We took names of the Pastors coming in and gave them booklets. They were very excited to hear what Jaime and Oliver had to say. We got the projector set up with my computer so the guys could do the powerpoint presentation. It all worked great. The microphone was cutting in and out, so Jaime just talked loudly for his part of the first session. Soon someone arrived on motorcycle with another mic and everyone could hear well again.

One of the team members wanted to experience the conference. We didn’t have translators since Jaime and Oliver were going to teach in Spanish. I don’t know enough Spanish to translate, so Brandon had to sit and try to understand. Then Santiago, a guy from a church we visited on Sunday, came in and I asked him to sit with Brandon and translate. That worked out great! Thank you Lord for figuring this out in advance!

I asked the Pastor’s wife if someone could go for refreshments if I paid for them. She went with another person from the church and they came back with sweet bread and sodas. That was a big hit. We served everyone in their seats and kept on going with the conference. It was a long morning (4 hours of speaking) but everyone loved it and were very happy with all the info that they received.

There was a little guy about 7 years old named Jose who had come with his mother. He was getting bored and I had given him a couple pieces of paper and a pen. He drew for a while and then made a paper airplane. He was throwing it in the back of the room. I started throwing it with him. Then we stepped outside on the porch and threw it some more. He made me my own airplane and we started throwing them at the same time. It was fun. Then another little guy named Rafael about 4 years old was getting bored and we played together. I made videos on my phone of them goofing off. They loved watching themselves. We got a little loud with our giggles and Rafael’s mom took him home. Oops. It was a good time anyway!

Once the conference was over, I helped the guys to pack up. Over half of the people came up to Jaime and Oliver to thank them and to get their email addresses. Some wanted to have the presentation downloaded on their flash drives. It was a big hit!

We got back to the team house for a late lunch (2pm) and then rested a bit. I got on the computer and made some phone calls.

The team came back for taco salad dinner, but I was too full from lunch to partake. Erika gave me some to put in my fridge in my room for later. She always takes very good care of me!

We went to the crusade and there were lots of people. The music was fantastic. There was a guy there as a charro, a singer dressed in the big sombrero and fancy suit. He was good. I got my picture made with him. I hung out with Lesly and Jaasiel and Lesly’s husband Jorge. The girls didn’t bring their sons and I missed them. I saw lots of pastors from the conference and many came over to say hello to me. The sought out Jaime and Oliver to talk more.

I got to see German’s family, mom & dad, mother-in-law and father-in-law (who drives for us). I also got to see a friend Michael who has been very ill. It was good to see them all. Darling, from La Quimera church and her daughter and another teenager came over to say hi. I also saw Claudia, the lady at the Monday conference that I talked to for a very long time (in Spanish, I might add) and who wants some materials to learn and teach women’s Bible study. It was so fun to see everyone.

The crusade ended well and a lot of people accepted Christ this week. Some items were raffled off. If you came to the crusade, you got a ticket. Soccer balls and other things were given out first. Then the big item of the night… a motorcycle! The person who won it is actually disabled and cannot walk. But his family members can ride it and take him places. He was thrilled! A salvation came out of that encounter, also!

It has been a great week of ministry. After the crusade, we all went to On the Run again and everyone was having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment