Sunday, November 18, 2012

November 17, 2012

I got up at 3:30am to say goodbye to the team. They told me that I should have stayed in bed and thanked me for the sacrifice of getting up. I told them I would be back asleep before they got out of León, so don’t feel too sorry for me. Haha

I read for a while after waking up for the day. Then I got on the computer and checked out some facebook stuff and internet news. I don’t understand all that is going on in the Middle East, and after doing some research on the net, I still don’t know what all is going on!

Mary and I called a taxi and went to breakfast at our favorite breakfast restaurant. In fact, it’s named breakfast. She had the usual scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, hashbrowns and toast. I had waffles and 2 eggs and fresh squeezed orange juice. Yum! We then grabbed a taxi and came back to the team house. Lesly was here getting some last minute things done for the team coming in.

I worked on Feeding Center files all afternoon. The VOH Praise band came for practice and we enjoyed it. Except when Mary was skyping back home and she couldn’t hear. It sounded like she was at a club or something.

We had leftovers for dinner and went to our rooms to rest while waiting on the team to get here. They are coming on 4 different flights. Mike, Charlie, German and 5 vehicles all left in a caravan for the Managua airport. It was kind of exciting to see them going to pick up the group.

I called Nana Ruth back in Rogers and we chatted for a while. I use my iPhone Skype app and it is very cheap to call the states. But since it goes through the internet, it drops calls when the internet gets iffy. But we had a good talk.

Mary brought me 2 puppets that the team had left. I’m excited. I miss my puppets back in Rogers. Even though these are simple little ones, they will be great for what I want to use them for.

I downloaded 2 music cds that Shannon left us. I also looked up all the songs that the VOH praise band is going to play for the crusade next week. I printed off the lyrics so that I can start learning them. I know most of the songs, but don’t have the lyrics memorized. This will be a good thing for me to be working on.

I practiced guitar for a while. I can tell I’m starting to get some callouses, finally! My fingers are still sore and numb, but they are getting conditioned a little at a time.

I read some in ‘Not a Fan’ and coordinated communication between Josh (team leader coming from the states) and Mike at the Managua airport. Josh’s flight was delayed due to mechanical problems. I had to get the message to Mike. It all worked out okay. Josh’s flight left about an hour late, but the planes usually make up good time when they have to. So maybe it won’t be too late for them. Everyone should be back at the team house and in bed by 2am. Hopefully!

I’m anxious to welcome my good friends Jaime and Oliver, Pastors from the Spanish church in Rogers (Iglesia Cuerpo Vivo Internacional). I love them like brothers and I’m excited for them to meet everyone down here. They will be leading some Pastors’ conferences this week and also working along with the team. What fun!

It’s after 11 and I’m not even sleepy. I know it will hit me in the morning if I don’t go to sleep before 2am. I’ll have to pray for grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment