Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 21, 2012

The team is up and ready to head out for more fiestas, feeding centers and evangelism. 5 of the women are coming with me to the Women’s Conference this morning. My pal Edwin is lining up a second taxi driver to take us all to and from the conference. We don’t know how many ladies will be attending, but we know that God has some important things for us to share with each other.

We got to the church and I really like the building. It was large and cement block and relatively cool (80’s). It is on the corner of the square where I get my haircut. I like that square.

We were greeted and treated very well by some women leaders. I think we ended up having about 37 ladies attend. We started out with prayer and some music. We played the food toss game and everyone had a hoot! I spoke a little from my Bible study lesson I taught on Eve and how God has created us all special and with a purpose. Then we had a few testimonies. Then we played the life-saver game and had more testimonies. It was really fun.

The testimonies really hit home with some of the women. Our group of speakers had very diverse stories to tell and it all came together great. There was laughter and tears and lots of AMENs. At the end, the ladies anointed each of us and prayed over us. It was very humbling and wonderful. The ladies took up a collection for us and we felt that we couldn’t turn it down (even though VOH doesn’t normally accept offerings). So we decided to put the money towards feeding a child at the feeding center. The ladies also gave us each a painted plaque of Nica as a gift. It was really sweet. All the ladies came up and gave us hugs. One girl wanted a picture of us. It was a very fun morning.

We all jumped in the taxis and headed back to the team house. We got back in time for lunch and for the ladies to get ready to go out with the teams in the afternoon.

I worked on computer files some more and then the teams came back in. We had dinner and then went to night 2 of the crusade. There were a few more people at the crusade tonight. The music is so wonderful. Different praise bands from around León are leading worship. I love all of the songs. One of these days I’m actually going to memorize the lyrics!!

It’s been a great day of ministry and everyone is tired, but pumped up with what God is doing. We are all blessed to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment