Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November 12, 2012

Up early and off on foot for English Class. I was hot and sweaty by the time I got there. It’s always a topic of conversation that I would walk so far on purpose. Haha. Dora, Maykellyn, Aarón, Bismark, Christian and Arelin were all there. We also had a newcomer, Josue. He is very good and very outgoing. He and Maykellyn keep the class moving along!

We worked on translating stories from the book “Chicken Soup for the Women’s Soul”. They are loving it. We had a great class. I gave them an assignment for Thursday to pick out a story from the Bible and write it in English. They will present them in class. I can’t wait!

I walked home and had lunch with everyone. The team had a great morning doing fiestas and street witnessing. They also got to see one of the Feeding Centers. They are loving their ministry here.

I worked on the computer most of the afternoon. I also got the chance to talk with German about some items. It was a nice afternoon.

After lunch, the team went to town for shopping. I was going to go with Logan, who is a musician, to show him the music store. I remembered at the last minute that I had a meeting with Estefanie and Teresa about the women’s projects for the new year. Glad I didn’t leave with the team!!!

Estefanie and I had a good conversation working on our stuff together. We also discussed what I wanted to talk to Teresa about. Estefanie and I work so well together. She understands how I think and is so very helpful in meetings. She had also gotten some information for Mary about the woman prisoner that was in the prison-turned-museum that we visited. Mary was very glad to hear all the info, even though it was very sad. Estefanie loves history and was happy to help out.

When the team got back from shopping, we all headed out to the beach for pictures and dinner at Suyapa restaurant. (Mike, Mary and I have been there 3 times in the last 2 weeks!) It was very tasty. Everyone loved walking along the beach and getting really pretty sunset pictures. It was a good night.

On the way there, Mike accidentally hit a chicken crossing the road. It lost some feathers, but it kept going, so I don’t think it died. Mike asked Saturnino, our worker who we were taking home on the way to the beach, to take some money to the people who owned the chicken and buy it and for Saturnino’s family to eat it.

When we got back to the team house, Logan showed me his new guitar that he had bought at the music store. It is great! I’m so excited for him! He also showed me some tips on making chords and said that I was doing well for only just learning. I was pleased. It makes me more determined to keep practicing!

It’s been a great day. I’m thankful for every moment that God allows me to be here serving. I’m thankful for all the people He allows me to meet. I’m thankful for all of His blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment